Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Runaway

My cheeks began to burn as Ben placed his soft yet perfect lips against mine. The kiss became very passionate so passionate that I began to softly moan. Ben grabbed my backside and hoisted me up so my legs were wrapped around his waist. His hands then went up my skirt and grasped at my panties.

"No, stop." I said as I tried to push him away from me.

"I thought you wanted this." he replied.

"Later on not at this very moment."

Ben began to unbutton his pants as I tried to push him away again. I didn't want to lose my virginity like this. I wanted to date Ben first and get to know him as a person.

"Stop Ben. Please." I begged.

He pressed himself harder against me. I kicked and screamed as he ripped my underwear off. I knew I was going to be raped and no matter how hard I fought it wouldn't kick him off. At that moment, Ben was pulled off of me with such force that he was thrown against a tree several feet away. I squinted my eyes to see a small figure lean over Ben and bite his neck.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

The person bit him several times making him scream out in pain. I raced over to the scene in front of me. My mouth fell open as I realized the person was Valerie.

"What are you doing to him?" I yelled.

"He doesn't deserve to live. He's a disgusting pig. He was going to rape you Scarlett."

"That doesn't mean you have to kill him."

Valerie smiled again showing me her sharp teeth. Her eyes began to turn dark as she stepped over Ben's lifeless body and walked towards me.

"I never really liked him anyway. I was jealous of him actually. Jealous because you loved him and not me. I want us to be together Scarlett. Together forever."

"What are you?"

"You'll find out soon enough!"

Valerie ran at me making me fall to the ground. Her breath was heavy against my skin and soon I felt a horrid burning sensation as she bit into my neck. I began to scream in agony.

"Shh, the pain will go away in a few days."

"What have you done to me?" I yelled.

"What's going on here?" I heard a man scream the moment he saw Ben's dead body.

I was picked up by Valerie and taken to the local cemetery. Pain filled my body making it hard to concentrate. The only think I remember was being placed into a dark Mausoleum.

My eyes darted open the moment the pain went away. I wasn't sure how long I had been in the Mausoleum; two maybe three days. My vision was very clear too; so clear that I could see in the dark. As I stood up my throat began to burn and I didn't know why. I was so thirsty-thirsty for blood.

"What the hell did she do to me?" I asked myself.

I was taken back by the sound of my voice. It wasn't the same- it was musical, like a soft melody. I licked over my lips and slowly opened the door. My eyes quickly shut the moment the sunlight hit me. It took several minutes to adjust before I stepped into the light. My mouth fell open as my skin began to sparkle like diamonds. I couldn't be seen in public like this, but I had to get home. Suddenly the clouds covered the sun and it began to rain. I looked down at my skin to see that it was back to normal.

"The sunlight makes me sparkle." I said to myself.

I quickly left the cemetery and headed towards my house. My parents along with the cops were both there when I returned. The moment I set foot in the house the sweet smell of blood hit me and my throat began to burn very badly. I wanted to kill them-drain the life out of them. Quickly yet quietly I rushed up the stairs and began to pack my bags. I couldn't be around my parents like this. Not when I had the strong urge to kill them. It all made sense to me now; Valerie was a vampire- that's the only conclusion I could come up with.

Once I packed my bags and money I grabbed a map of Washington and scanned over it. Forks or Port Angeles was my best bet. I knew Forks had a lot of forests. Maybe I could find a cave to live in until I sorted everything out-or maybe I should go back to the cemetery and wait for Valerie to return. No, I couldn't do that. The woman was crazy and she had a huge crush on me.

"I'll show you her room again." I heard my mom say from downstairs.

I quickly scribbled something on a piece of paper before jumping out the window.

Claire headed up the stairs. She opened the door to her daughters room with tears running down her cheek. She was so worried about her only child. She didn't know if she ran away or if something terrible happened to her. She showed the cops around her room until she found a note on Scarlett's bed. She hollered at her husband who darted up the stairs. She handed the note to him before falling onto the bed and bawling her eyes out.

Mom and Dad,

Please don't worry about me, but I had to leave. It's nothing either of you did. Please don't look for me. I love you both so much-Scarlett

Scarlett finished washing the red dye out of her once brown hair. She had to change her identity in case her parents put fliers out with her photo on them. She threw the box into the trash can then put gel in her wavy hair. She finished her makeup, changed her clothes, and then left the drug store bathroom. She had to figure out what to eat to survive. She was so hungry and every human that came into contact with her was in absolute danger.