Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Found

Edward tucked a piece of Bella's hair behind her ear. She looked so beautiful while she was sleeping. He smiled softly down at her. He was so happy that she agreed to marry him and that Victoria was finally dead. They just had to wait until after graduation before they could tie the knot; and Edward couldn't wait to call her his wife. He glanced down when Bella softly began to stir. Her gorgeous brown eyes darted open and looked up to meet Edward's golden orbs.

"Hey," she said while stretching out her stiff body.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes." she said. "I wish June would hurry up and get here so school will be over with."

"Just one more month left."

Bella smiled. "I know!"

"Then we have to tell your dad. I have to ask him for his blessing Bella. I would feel bad if I didn't."

"You're so old school!"

Bella kissed his cheek then got out of the bed. She gathered up some clothes then headed into the bathroom to take a shower. She softly sighed as the water hit her body. Secretly she loved Edward, but she also loved Jacob. She wasn't ready to get married to Edward. Hell, she wasn't even sure if she wanted to be a vampire anymore. She wanted to go to college, get a good job, get married, start a family, and grow old with her soul mate. She was so confused about what to do. She didn't want to break Edward's heart. She had a month to figure out who she wanted to be with.

Edward had already left when she returned to her room. She grabbed her blow dryer and began to dry out her dark hair. Once she finished she began to feel her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out and smiled when she saw Jacob's name pop up on the screen.

"Hey Jake!" she answered.

"Hey, have you decided yet?" he asked.

Jacob was getting rather anxious to know what Bella's answer was. He hoped that she decided to be with him. He couldn't live a life without Bella.

Bella softly sighed. "No, not yet. Look Jake it's harder than you think. I love you both."

"I know and you know I will always be here waiting for you. I will love you until your heart stops beating. We can have a life together Bella. I can open up my own mechanic shop, build us a beautiful home, and provide for you."

"I know Jake." Bella smiled. "I have to finish getting ready for school."

"Are you hanging out with Cullen tonight?"

"I'm not sure yet. Why?"

"Because if you're not I wanted to go do something. Maybe dinner and a movie!"

Bella smiled. "Sounds great. I love you!"

"I love you too. Have fun at school."

"You too!"

Bella felt her heart skip a beat at the thought of going out with Jacob tonight. She just had to figure out what to tell Edward so she could go.

----------

"Is something wrong?" Edward whispered.

Bella was staring off into space during lunch. She quickly smiled over at Edward.

"No, I'm fine. Just worried about my Chemistry test."

"You'll do fine!" Alice smiled.

Her face soon fell as she stared off into space. She was having a vision and sending it to Edward. Edward's eyes turned black. In Alice's vision he could see a red headed woman wondering around the forest in Forks. He knew it couldn't be Victoria; he had killed her a week ago and burnt her body. He quickly glanced down at Bella and softly smiled at her.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing." he replied. "You better eat!"

Bella nodded then picked up her cheese pizza. She began to eat as she thought about Jacob. She really had to figure out what to tell Edward and soon. If he found out she was cheating on him he would be devastated.

-----------

"So, I won't be able to come over tonight. There's something I have to do."

Edward sat in front of Bella's house after school. She tried hard not to smile widely so she just bit her lip and nodded at him.

"That's okay. Charlie wanted to try that new steakhouse place in Port Angeles anyway and maybe see a show."

Edward smiled. "Good. You need to spend as much time with your father before-"

Bella quickly cut him off. "I know. I'll see you tomorrow."

Bella gave him a soft kiss before getting out of the car. Once she was inside her house she pulled out her phone and called Jacob.

"What movie do you want to see tonight?" she asked.

-----------

Edward pulled his Volvo to a complete stop in front of his house. The others were waiting on him to return so they could track down this mysterious vampire. He didn't know who she was or what she was doing here, but he was going to find out. He wasn't going to let another vampire threaten Bella ever again.

"She's up on the mountain hiding in a cave." Alice said as the whole family started running into the forest. "And she's a newborn."

That made Edward run as fast as he could through the forest and up on the mountain. If this newborn got out of control he wouldn't even think twice about killing her.

-----------

My whole body tensed up when I heard voices along with footsteps coming closer. I smelt the air and couldn't smell blood. Instead I smelt a familiar scent-my scent; a vampires scent. Soon I could hear a males voice in my head.

Come out freely and we won't hurt you

I slowly walked to the mouth of the cave to find a bunch of vampires staring at me. The one that caught my eye was a nice looking guy with pale skin, bronze hair, and golden eyes. They weren't anything like my eyes- which were blood red and scared the hell out of me.

"I'm Carlisle Cullen and this is my family." the older guy said.

He seemed like a father figure to the clan.

I glanced around at his family and softly smiled at them. "I'm Scarlett Lancaster. I'm sorry if I imposed on your land. I was turned a few days ago in Seattle and my creator or whatever you call it left me in a cemetery. I tried to go back to my family, but when I felt the urge to kill them I fled the city and came here."

Carlisle nodded at me. "You're more than welcome to stay with me and my family. We have different ways from others of our kind. We feed off the blood of animals and we aren't allowed in La Push. We have a treaty agreement."

I nodded. "I've been eating animals so that won't be a problem." I smiled.

"Come, we'll show you to our home."

"Carlisle, do you think it's safe for a newborn to live with us?" the bronze haired boy asked.

Carlisle eyed me for a few moments.

"She ran away from her family without killing them." he stated. "That's a triumph for a newborn. I don't think we will have a problem with her Edward."

"I hope not." Edward replied rudely.

I didn't know what this guys problem was, but he seemed like the stuck up type. He gave me a smirk before walking off. This was going to be rather interesting.