Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Thankful

I stepped out of the warm shower feeling rather refreshed. The Cullen's had prepared a room for me and provided me with clothes. I had never met people so nice before. They barely knew me and here they were offering me a place to stay. I quickly dried myself off and changed into a fresh pair of clothes. I then headed down the stairs. The Cullen house was breath takingly beautiful. I had no idea people could live in such a wonderful place.

"We're going to be great friends!" Alice said as she ran towards me and gave me a hug.

"I hope so."

"Oh, I know! I can see things that happen in the future."

"Oh. Do you all have special talents?" I asked.

"Jasper can control moods, Edward can read minds-" began Emmett.

"Except Bella's." Edward replied flatly.

I really didn't know who this Bella was nor did I care. Edward seemed to be a real jerk to me.

"As for the rest of us we really don't have those talents. Carlisle can be around human blood since he's been a doctor forever, Emmett is our muscle man, Rosalie is the beauty Queen, and Esme is our interior designer!" Alice finished with a smile.

"Wow, sorry I'm just still in shock about all of this! I never thought that vampires were real. I kind of wish it didn't happen to me though." I said softly.

Carlisle sighed. "This Valerie shouldn't have changed you just so you and her could be together."

Emmett softly chuckled. "Wait, your not a lesbian are you?"

"No!" I shrieked. "I like men!"

This made everyone laugh.

"So, how were you all changed?" I asked.

Carlisle smiled at me then began to tell me the story of how his family came about. I was shocked to know that most of them were dying before they were turned. They had a second chance I didn't. I was turned for the hell of it and it really pissed me off. I wanted to kill Valerie for turning me. I didn't deserve this and I sure as hell wasn't going to spend eternity with her. As I sat there listening to the Cullen's talk my mind wondered to my family. Images of them were blurry in my mind; like fading memories.

"It's common," Edward whispered to me.

"What is?" I asked.

"Memories of your human life will become distant. You will remember a few things, but not very much."

"Do you remember your family?"

Edward shut his eyes then reopened them. "Vaguely. They are still in my heart, but my mind can only remember some things."

"Do you wish Carlisle wouldn't have turned you?"

"Sometimes I wish that, but ever since I found Bella my existence has become more clear to me."

I raised my eyebrow. "Is Bella your girlfriend?"

"Yes. She's human."

"Damn. It must be hard to be around her."

"It used to be, but she is my singer-my soul mate."

Alice softly sighed. She had been keeping an image away from Edward for the past week. She had seen visions of him and Scarlett together running through the forest hand in hand and swimming in the creek together. She didn't know what to make of the vision or if she should even tell Edward, But she had a feeling that Bella wasn't his singer-she was just something to keep Edward preoccupied until the real thing came along.

-------------

Several days had passed since the Cullen's took me into their home. I had adjusted to not sleeping and spent most of my time reading books or watching movies from their large DVD collection. I was in my room listening to the radio when Edward came into the room.

"Carlisle wants me to take you hunting." he said.

"Okay, great! I'm starving!" I said as I jumped off the day bed.

As I followed Edward down the stairs his phone began to ring. He looked down at the caller ID then at me.

"It's Bella." he said.

I nodded. "I'll meet you outside."

I climbed down the rest of the stairs and out the front door to give Edward privacy.

"Bella, I've been trying to call you all weekend." he said.

Edward didn't know why, but it felt as if she was avoiding him and he wasn't for sure why. He hadn't done anything wrong-or at least he didn't think he did.

"Well, when you didn't come over in the past two nights I figured you were mad at me or something." she replied.

Edward rubbed his temple. "Sorry, there's just a lot of things going on here. I'll come over tonight."

"Do you promise?"

Edward smiled. "Of course. I have to do a few things before I come over though."

"That'll give me time to run by the rental place and get a few movies!"

"Sounds like a plan! I love you."

"I love you too."

Edward hung up the phone. His golden eyes glanced outside to find Scarlett doing stealth moves. He chuckled to himself then headed out the front door.