Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Late Night Chat

I quietly waited in the trees as a huge buck fed off the vegetation by the roots. Edward had taught me how to easily sneak up on preay and kill it. I had already found a coyote to eat, but I was still hungry.

Now Edward's voice filled my head.

I gracefully let go of the branch and quietly fell onto the buck. Before he had a chance to freak out my teeth bit into his neck and began to drink the sweet taste of blood. I couldn't explain the taste it was like cinammon, but a sweeter version-one that satisfied your every desire. Once I finished my meal Edward and I ran through the forest and towards the house. I laughed loudly when I stumbled into a hole and fell.

"There's a hole there!" Edward smirked.

"Yeah, no shit!" I said as I stood up and dusted myself off.

Edward and I had actually become really good friends. I forgave him for beind a jerk to me the first time we met; and he even apologized for his temperment.

"Rematch?" I asked.

"Maybe later. Bella wants me to come over tonight."

"Oh, well have fun!"

"I will. So, do you think any different of me now?"

I smirked at him. "No, I don't think you're a jerk." I replied before walking back into the house.

-------------

Edward softly knocked on the front door of the Swan residance. He patiently waited for Bella to open the door. She smiled warmly at him then greeted him with a kiss.

"I rented Burlesque with Cher and Christina Aguilera. I've been dying to see the movie!"

"Okay," Edward followed her into the living room and took a spot on the couch. "Where's Charlie?"

"He's at the station. Something about some runaway from Seattle."

"Oh," Edward replied knowing good and well that the runaway was probably in regards to Scarlett.

During the movie Bella began to softly iss Edward's neck which sent tingles all over his body. He couldn't wait to get married so they could take the next step. Bella used her fingers to pull Edward towards her so that they were now kissing. She quickly straddled his lap which caught him off guard.

"Bella, wait. I told you when we're married we can try. I don't want to rush into anything and lose control."

"Fine." Bella sat down next to him and folded her arms in front of her chest.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset. Just wait a few more months please."

Bella sighed. "I guess I can wait that long. So, why haven't you come over the past few nights?"

Edward knew that she would find out eventually about Scarlett so he figured he might as well tell her.

"Alice had a vision the other day about a woman wondering around in the forest. We all went to check it out and found a newborn vampire-"

Bella quickly sat up. "Am I in danger?"

"No, she is perfectly safe. Scarlett was turned by some crazy woman named Valerie. She apparently had a crush on her and wanted them to be together. Now Scarlett is staying with us."

"Oh," Bella looked caught off guard. "That means I'm not allowed over for a while." she stated.

Edward nodded. "Not until she gets used to humans, which shouldn't take too long. She can stand to be around human blood. I think that's her power or atleast she tries hard to be around humans because she doesn't want to be a monster."

"I'm sure I'll be fine with all of you around though."

Edward shook his head. "Not yet. I don't want to risk your safety."

Bella nodded. At least now she could have Jake over or go over there. She felt as if this newborn was her way out of the relationship with Edward. She tried so hard to fall back in love with him, but she just couldn't. Her heart belonged to Jacob now.

"Okay." was all she said before turning back to the movie.

---------------

My body was still getting used to the no sleep time. Since I was turned into a vampire I didn't need sleep anymore-it was a human thing. I stood by the window just staring out at the beautiful moon. I never really appreciated the beauty of nature when I was a human; now with my heightened vision everything to me was beautiful. I softly smiled to myself.

"Hey!" Someone said.

I quickly turned around to see Emmett standing in the doorway.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Jasper told me you kick ass at guitar hero! Do you wanna play the pro champ?" he asked with a smirk.

"Hell yeah! I'm gonna beat your ass!"

"Bring it on!" he said.

I followed Emmett down the stairs and into the living room. No one else was down stairs so I figured they were off doing their own thing. He hooked up the game and handed me the guitar controller. I decied to play Freebird and to my dismay Emmett kicked my butt. After what felt like an hour of playing I glanced up at the clock and noticed that we had been playing for over six hours. I really liked Emmett; he felt like a big brother to me.

"Do you all go to school or-" I asked.

"Yeah, we have to keep up human standards."

I softly sighed. "I was a senior before I got turned. In three weeks I would've graduated."

Emmett nodded. "Well Rosalie and I graduated last year and the others graduate this year."

"Cool. So after you all graduate what normally happens?"

"We take time off for a bit then we move around for a while and stometimes we come back to Forks. We'll probably stay here a few more years. Rosalie and I will probably go on our millionth honey moon."

I softly chuckled then sighed. "Vampires can't have children can they?"

Emmett frowned. He knew that the only thing Rosalie wanted was to have a baby and watch him or her grow, but vampire women couldn't get pregnant.

"No," Rosalie sadi as she walked down the stairs. "We can't. Us women can't bare a child within our body. We're stuck in a time capsule."

I felt myself lose control. In an instant I was racing out the door and through the forest. It was dark out, but I could see just fine. I finally stopped by a creek and sat down on a rock. After kicking off my shoes I put my feet in the water.

"Is everything alright?" Edward asked as he sat down next to me.

"I hate her." I yelled. "I hate her for turning me into this monster. All my dreams are shattered. I can't go to school or college. I might never get married. And now I can't have a baby?"

I felt myself begin to cry and instead of tears coming out it was blood. "Is this normal?"

Edward wiped the blood tears from my eyes then wrapped his arm around me.

"We're all here for you Scarlett. We all feel the same way you do."

"How do you get through it?"

Edward softly sighed. "I really haven't gotten through it. With Bella my life has become something more, but now she wants to become a vampire."

"Have you tried to talk her out of it?"

"I've tried, but she won't listen. Now we're planning on getting married in a few months and after that I'm turning her."

"And you don't want to take her soul?"

Edward stared into Scarlett's eyes. They were now starting to turn into their golden color. All the Cullen's had golden eyes, but her's were by far beautiful. He nodded at her comment. It was rather weird talking to another girl who understood his feelings but he liked it.

"Well, it is her decision. If this is what she wants to become and if you love her yu should give her what she wants."

Edward knew she was right, but for some reason his relationship with Bella was starting to feel different. He had a strange feeling that something was going on-he just wasn't sure what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the awesome feedback! I'm sorry if this story is a little rusty so far. I haven't wrote an Edward story in a while so please bare with me!!!