Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

New School

I stared at my beautiful reflection in the mirror. My skin was so smooth and was a pretty porcelain color. Instead of my eyes being blue they were now a golden color. Makeup wasn't even needed-I felt pretty no matter what. Today I would be attending Forks High School. Carlisle changed my birth certificate, social security number, school documents, and even my name. Instead of Scarlett Lancaster I was now Scarlett Cullen; Carlisle's niece from Oregon. I would only be attending school for two and a half weeks then it would be graduation. I was really excited about going to school. Staying in the Cullen house all day helping Esme clean was rather boring; even though I did enjoy her company.

"Are you ready?" Alice asked me.

I turned away from the mirror and smiled at her.

"Yes. Do I look okay?" I asked.

I was wearing a pair of jeans, a black dress shirt, black flats with gems on them, and a cute headband with a black glittery flower on it.

Alice looked me up and down. "You look great!"

"Thanks!"

I grabbed my backpack filled with school supplies and headed outside to Alice's car. She drove while Jasper sat up front. Edward of course went to go pick up Bella. I had seen photos of her but still haven't met her.

"I hope I don't get out of control." I said as Alice pulled into the parking lot of the school.

"You won't and if you do just hold your breath. We will be here if anything happens."

"Okay."

I got out of the car. A smile overcame my face when I saw Edward pull his Volvo next to Alice's car. He got out and opened the door for Bella. I walked over to them and smiled warmly at her. Edward told me that Bella smelt really good and to be careful around her. I held my breath, but I wanted to know what she smelt like so I took in a huge gulp of air. I almost gagged from the smell-because to me she smelt like rotten eggs.

"Bella this is Scarlett." Edward introduced. "Scarlett this is my Bella."

"Hey!" Bella nervously smiled.

"Hey! It's nice to finally meet you. Edward has told me a lot about you!"

"Yeah, you too!"

I smiled at them. "Well, I better get my schedule."

"I'll show you to the office." replied Edward.

"Thanks, but I can find it on my own!"

I walked up the steps to the school and headed inside. The office was located right through the front door. I got my schedule then went to find my locker. The humans kept staring at me in awe and for once I didn't feel nervous about school. I felt rather important. Once I put my things in my locker I glanced down at my schedule.

Chemistry
English 4
World History
Lunch
AP Biology
Housing and Family Living
Aide for Mrs. Graves (Art Teacher)
Art

I smiled to myself. These were basically the same classes I was taking at my old school. The bell soon rang loudly indicating that its time to get to class. I grabbed a notebook and headed to Chemistry. since there were only two weeks left of school most of the classes were practicing for their Finals. In English the teacher told me to start on my senior paper which was due next week. I already knew what I would do my paper on-The History of Vampires; Fact or Fiction. Edward didn't really pay much attention to me in class-which was understandable. He was more involved with Bella. At least I still had Alice and Jasper to keep me company.

During lunch I sat at the same table with the Cullen's and Bella. Some of the guys walked by me and cat whistled which made me roll my eyes. No matter what school you went to guys were still guys. They only thought about one thing, believed that every girl wanted them, and thought they were macho.

"Boys." I said.

"We need to find you a guy!" Alice said with a smile.

She glanced over at Edward to see him scrunch his eyebrows. She was trying to see if she would get a kick out of him and she knew that she would. He eyed her intently. He didn't think it was a good idea if Alice fixed Scarlett up with someone.

"Alice, she just got turned. Give her some time in her new body." he said.

I smiled over at him. "He's right. I'm not ready to find a guy right now. Unless you find me a hot muscled vampire God!" I joked which made Bella smile.

Soon lunch was over and everyone rushed to class. The next few hours went by fast; soon it was Art the last class of the day. The only open seat was in the back by Bella.

"Mind if I sit here?" I asked.

"No, not at all."

Bella moved her belongings over allowing me a place to sit. The art teacher set up a still life for us to draw. I was pretty good at art so I didn't have a problem drawing. Bella on the other hand wasn't art savvy.

"Do you mind me asking what it's like?" she asked softly.

"It hurts like hel. It feels as if someone poured gasoline in my body and lit a match. Once your turned your throat burns, but I guess I can control myself well around humans. I mean they smell good, but I would rather have a deer or a fox to eat."

Bella nodded. "Do you think I should have Edward change me?"

"That's up to you. Like I told Edward its your decision."

"Yeah, my decision." she mumbled.

Bella knew that sooner or later she was going to have to make up the decision of who she wants to be with. She didn't want this anymore. She didn't want to be a vampire. She wanted children with Jacob and grandchildren. She wanted a life to actually live. she made a promise to herself that this weekend she would break things off with Edward.