Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Sneaking

Bella drove into Port Angeles with Jacob riding shotgun. He wanted to go out to eat tonight and hang out at the movie theater since they just put in a new arcade. Edward said he had to take Scarlett hunting tonight-he wasn't for sure how long he would be. Bella went ahead and told him not to worry about coming by her house tonight; that way she could hang out with Jacob without any worry. She enjoyed going out on dates with Jake. It was different with him since they were both human-well somewhat.

Bella pulled to a complete stop outside of the Italian restaurant that Edward had taken her to last year. She loved the atmosphere and wanted someone like Jacob to enjoy it with. Jacob softly grabbed onto her hand as they walked inside.

-----------

"I'm so bored." I said.

I was sitting in the living room watching baseball, well Emmett and Jasper were. Edward softly chuckled next to me.

"What do you want to do tonight?" he asked.

"Get out of this house that's what I want to do."

Edward smiled over at me. "Come on!"

He jumped off the couch and rushed out the door. Curiously I followed after him. He already had the Volvo parked up front and ready to go. The moment I got into the car he sped off down the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he took a sharp turn.

"You'll see!"

I smiled then fumbled around with the radio.

"Ooh, I love this song!" I yelled then began to sing. "I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine. I got a love and I know that it's all mine oh, oh, oh, oh. Do what you want but you're never gonna break me sticks and stones are never gonna shake me oh, oh, oh, oh. Take me away, a secret place. A sweet escape, take me away. Take me away, to better days. Take me away, a hiding place!"

Edward laughed at me as I belted out the chorus to Natasha Bedingfield's Pocket Full Of Sunshine. Usually, I would be shy goofing off in front of a guy, but with Edward I felt extremely comfortable. It didn't matter how I acted around him because he wouldn't judge me.

"Can I ask why you're not hanging out with Bella tonight?" I asked once I turned the song down low.

"Our relationship is really confusing right now. We used to spend every waking moment together, but now either she makes up an excuse not to see me or I do."

I sighed. "Do you still love her?"

Edward looked into my eyes for what seemed like eternity. He did love Bella, but that love was slowly fading away.

"Yes, I still love her." he said while looking away.

"Then nothing else should matter." I replied.

Edward pulled into Port Angeles. I wasn't sure what He would be doing until he came to a complete stop outside of the movie theater.

"We're going to the movies?"

"Yeah, the after I'm going to beat you at air hockey!" he replied.

I laughed. "Bring it on!"

Edward took me to see a comedy movie. It was actually really funny. When it ended I followed him into the arcade. He put money on two cards for us then handed one to me. I began playing ski ball, then a race game, and then Edward and I began to play air hockey. He beat me a couple of times and I beat him as well.

"I win again!" I yelled after what seemed like our twentieth time playing.

Edward smiled warmly at me, but his smile soon faded when he saw a couple passionately making out by the photo booth.