Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Love Letter

Edward nervously walked into the school next to me. He was nervous about seeing Bella since the whole ordeal with Jacob, but he knew with Scarlett there he could get through this.

"Edward, can I talk to you?" Bella softly asked him during Biology.

"I have nothing to say to you Bella. We're over."

"I just want to apologize for everything."

"Fine, apology accepted." he replied rudely.

The bell rang loudly as I gathered up my things and headed out of History class. Edward had Biology with Bella so I was in a hurry to find him. I wanted to know if she said anything to him. As I opened up my locker to put my book inside a letter fell onto the floor. I picked it up and curiously looked around the hall before I opened it.

Scarlett,
You don't know how much I care about you. Seeing you everyday is the perfect gift that any man could ask for. Please meet me at the park tonight around eight pm so we can talk. I can't wait to see you!---Love your Secret Admirer



"What's that?"

I jumped when I heard Edward's voice by my ear.

"Shit, you startled me." I said.

"Sorry," he smirked. "So what's that?"

"Just a note."

"Do you mind if I read it?"

I handed the love letter over to him. He scanned over it before handing it back.

"You shouldn't go." he flat out said.

"And why is that?"

"Valerie."

My mouth slightly dropped. What if this letter was from Valerie? If she wanted to meet me then I sure as hell wouldn't care. It would give me a chance to rip her to shreds for what she did to me.

"If it is her I will rip her head off. So, besides Valerie who do you think my admirer is?"

"Mike Newton!" he joked.

"Ewww, gross!" I playfully pushed him. "Uh, did Bella try to talk to you?"

"Yep, she apologized to me."

"Oh," was all I managed to say.

For the remainder of the day I wondered who my secret admirer was. No guy at the school really talked to me; besides Edward and Jasper. Maybe Edward was right-maybe the note was from Valerie. She was playing a trick on me just to lure me in. I think I could take her now. She wasn't going to get away with turning me into a monster.

When we arrived back home I headed up the stairs to take a shower. Vampires hardly got dirty, but I still needed to do something that reminded me of a human. After I showered I went hunting then came back to finish getting ready. I was starting to feel really nervous about meeting this person. I took in a deep breath then headed out of my room.