Status: On hold.

It's Not You, It's Me

Can I Eat in Peace?

Today, Wednesday, is the first day of school. Yesterday, Caleb took Tiffany and me to the office to pick up our schedules – no thanks to my brother and cousin.

I woke this morning to change and quickly get down to the cafeteria before Caleb and Matt get there. But, it’s just my luck that they were already sitting at the table. I quickly went to the food line, grabbed a spoonful of berries, waffles lathered in syrup, bagel with cream cheese, and apple juice. Taking my plate, I quickly walked in the opposite direction of Caleb’s table, but I decided to make a complete 360 turn when I saw Dylan.

“Hey, Sam. We saved you a seat.” Matt said with his mouth full. I sat down and turned around slightly to see Dylan stopping by each table (literally). I looked at Caleb for a reaction, but Caleb was still trying to wake up. So, instead, I took his sunglasses off his head and put them on my face. Then, I grabbed Matt’s baseball cap and hurriedly stuffed my hair underneath. Everyone at the table stared at me as I frantically hide my face from Dylan. Many would ask: why hide? Well, I honestly don’t want to give him anymore favors. And to be honest, I don’t need more guys bothering me.

Finally, Dylan came to our table and everyone avoided eye contact with him. In fact, they continued talking as though he was there. Looking from person to person, he stopped at me and smiled. He knew it was me!

“Hey Sam.” Think fast!

I didn’t give him a response. I just sat there quietly, shocked that he knew me.

“Playing hard to get, eh?”

“Shut the hell up Dylan! She doesn’t want to talk to you.” Caleb spoke out. Oh, no. I have to do something because I don’t know what Caleb would do if Dylan gets him angry.

“Why are you speaking up for her?” Dylan asked defensively.

Before Caleb could answer, I spoke up.

“Excuse me, Dylan. Get out of my freaking face. Maybe you didn’t get the picture before, but my silence does not only mean I don’t want to talk. It means I’m not Sam. Get your people straight.” I spoke with Tiffany’s confidence.

Dylan turned red in the face and he started t stutter. “S-s-sorry about that. You just look exactly like Sam.”

“Yeah, well, that’s called twins. Ask you biology teacher to teach you that. Bye.”

Dylan left flustered. Right after he left, Tiffany joined the table and everyone starting laughing.

“WHAT?” Tiffany asked self-consciously.

“Wow, Sam you were . . .” Matt started.

“Alright, could you not finish that?” I asked, embarrassed. Tiffany just passed the laughter off and slurped her coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Subscribe | comment.
*Sorry for the late update. Please bear with me for a while.
*Also, thanks to the two people that still stayed with this story. I am really happy and I sincerely appreciate it.
*I'll update next week. :)