Status: On hold.

It's Not You, It's Me

Why Me?

“Evelyn. Evelyn Walker?” My first period math teacher reiterated a few more times. My hand shot up and I walked over the grab the papers he handed me.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself?” The teacher suggested even though it hinted for me to actually babble.

I was hesitant but replied, “um, sure.” I turned to the class and introduced myself as he said.

“Hi. My name is Evelyn Walker as the teacher repeated before. My favorite color is purple. I lived in Wyoming and I moved here. That’s it.” I walked to back to my seat, offering no more information about myself but a voice from the last row spoke up.

“Why are you in California?” A guy the same age as me

“I was forced to live here.” I answered. I started back to my seat.

*****

“Hey. You look familiar. Have I seen you somewhere before?” A girl named Cindy asked during lunch.

“Does it matter?” I answered.

“What’s with the attitude. I just wanted to say that you look very familiar. Clearly, I got you mixed up with somebody else.” Really? I don’t care.

I looked on my schedule for the next class – Biology.

“Evelyn!” someone shouted my name. I whirled around and saw my idiotic brother running toward me. Both of us are sophomores but he is older. I skipped a grade. Because his looks attract girls, I don’t want to be near him. He stands out too much.

Joining my brother was my cousin, Edward. He is in the same grade too. Yay me! I feel so lucky! Not. His younger brother is in 4th grade.

“Yes, Adrian?” I answered in a bitter, sweet voice.

“Don’t use that bitter sweet, voice with me Eve. What class do you have next?” He rolled his eyes.

“I have Biology. The teacher is,” I looked at the schedule and read off, “Mr. Delanor. What do you have next?”

A smirk curled on his face. Oh no. Don’t tell me…

“See you in class, sis.” He walked away. My eyes following him to make sure he doesn’t embarrass me.

“Hey, Evelyn, why did you leave the house so early?” Edward asked.

“Because HE does stuff like that” I pointed at him.

Edward turned around and looked at my idiotic brother talking to random guys in the hall. He friendly punched him. The guys didn’t mind but I did.

WHY ME?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no excuse for having this story late. I'm sorry. Well, subscribe and comment please.