Status: On hold.

It's Not You, It's Me

Switches

There was a note posted on the door: CHOOSE YOUR SEATS. Everyone went to their original seats that they started off with but the teacher let us pick the seating arrangements. I decided to sit in the back corner by myself. It was much easier to work alone and it was better to sit on the opposite side of the room from my brother. The bell rang, signaling the beginning of class. Yes! I am sitting alone.

“It’s nice of you to join us, Mr. Jameson.”

I looked up from my reverie and saw the same green eyes of that total surfer dude that questioned me from my first period class. My eyes wandered the whole classroom to find an empty seat that he could take, but there were none. Great, it’s just my luck. I definitely spoke way too soon.

“Now that we have EVERYONE,” the teacher directed it toward the tardy kid sitting next to me,

“I am going to take attendance and mark down your partners. Before I do that, let me introduce myself to the two new students. I am Mr. Delanor. You can call me Mr. D.”

One of those Barbie dolls, that think they are so cute and too good to be with you, raised her hand. “Why we can’t keep the same partners from last marking period?”

“He never said you can’t keep the same partner from last marking period. He told us that we can sit wherever we want. That’s why I chose this seat. If you wanted a certain partner, sit with them next time.” Oh. my. gosh. What did I just do? I never know when to shut my mouth! I am in such huge trouble from the teacher.

“You must be Miss Walker. Well, nicely said. Now anymore questions?” huh? I’m not in trouble?

“Okay. Now, one partner from each peninsula gets the papers from my desk.”

That girl gave me a dirty look. It was a threatening death glare. Every part of me deceived me. I gave her one back.

“Impressive ‘Miss Walker’,” that guy said to me, “'nicely said'.”

“What’s with the air quotes?”

“It gives it an effect.” He is stupid. “Is there a name that you would prefer me to call you, instead of Miss Walker?” a smile curled on his face. I wonder why. His smile is cute and it reflects his eyes. WHAT AM I SAYING?

“No, don’t call me anything, Mutt.”

“Aw, how cute …. We are on the nick name basis. Just so you know, you are one letter off on my name. It’s Matt, Babe.” He’s a player too. Interesting.

Okay. That filthy mutt needs some manners.

“I’ll get the papers.” I volunteered. I need to find a way to get away from that low life creep.

Why me? Why me? WHY ME?

I took a set of papers and started back to my seat. Someone was sitting in my seat and the clueless jerk doesn’t know because his head was down. Wow, he is hot and clueless. Why am I not surprised?

I am satisfied because I don’t have to sit next to an arrogant jerk. I took her seat and I sat next a good looking guy. He smiled at me. Hmmmm... I wonder what’s wrong with him for her to leave for that jerk. I mean, he may not be as hot but he is still good looking.

“Hey. I am sorry in your ‘change’ in partners. She can be very demanding and she always gets her way. I am Derek, by the way.” He has a good personality too. I love this seat.
I looked over at the Mutt but the Barbie caught my attention. She gave me a threatening glare. I looked past her and the Mutt picked up his head. First, he noticed her sitting next to him.

Then, his eyes wandered and found mine and a smirk curled on my face. I mouthed, “Have fun”, but he smiled back. Why is he smiling? I turned back to my new partner.

“Yes, Mr. Jameson?” The teacher asked. I looked up to see what that Mutt was going to say.

“The girls decided to 'switch' seats. Apparently, Brittany, here, took advantage of my partner’s absence.” Mutt face answered.

“Brittany, go back to the seat you originally took. Don't mess up the seating chart that I created.”

“I am fine here, Mr. Delanor.” I offered. I definitely did not want to leave my seat.

“No need to be nice, Evelyn. Brittany go back to your seat.” He said in a conclusive tone.
I heard Adrian stifle a laugh from the other side. Matt is such a Filthy Mutt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe && COMMENT. I'm back, so I'll be writing more.