Status: On hold.

It's Not You, It's Me

Always Quick to Assume

When I woke up, I found Caleb asleep on top of my head. I took a closer look at his face. His face was nicely structured. He looked like a model. His long eye lashes stood out. He had nice shape lips. I lifted up his head and leaned it against my shoulder so I could move around. During the time he was sleeping, I watched the movie Bend it like Beckham. He woke up, rubbing his eyes like a four year old.
“Morning.” He greeted.
“Morning.”
He continued with his 30th question and I continued to answer in my one word responses.
“Wow. Now, I know everything about you.” He said. “Awe. I can’t believe I made another bestie.”
“Let me ask you a question. How many girlfriends, or rather girls, did you meet using those lines?”
“None,” He smiled that genuine smile.
He talked the rest of the way. I know so much about him and yet he is still as mysterious. We went our separate way and I took my luggage. Unfortunately, I bumped into someone.
I mumbled, “Sorry.”
“No problem, bestie.” Oh, gosh.
“Come on, Sam. We have to get to our rooms.” Ed said. I walked over to my waiting brother, sister, and cousin. Nick and Ed didn’t notice Caleb until he sat next to me on the bus.
“Hi, I’m Nick, Sam’s brother. If you don’t mind me asking, who are you?” Nick asked. He used his “sophisticated” voice to sound smart.
“Hey, sup? I’m Caleb.” He smiled. “She is my bestie. We got to know a lot about each other on the plane.”
Nick and Ed turned toward me then they turned to Tiffany and stared blankly. Then they turned back to Caleb.
“No way, she barely talks. I think you have the wrong person. You must be talking about Tiffany.” Nick said.
“Uh, no. I talked to her.” He pointed his finger, indicating me.
“Leave me alone.” I told him. They got the message. Nick and Ed talked to Caleb and became acquainted. While they were talking, Caleb tried to bring me into their conversation, but I barely answered. There was no point.
“Sam can I see your cell phone?” Caleb asked.
Nick and Ed looked back and forth between Caleb and me. They are such dimwits.
“She doesn’t have a cell phone anymore. She got rid of it.” Tiffany said texting on her iphone.
Caleb took a while to think about that and got really excited. “Here. Take mine. I have another one.” He took his phone out of his pocket and plugged in his other cell phone number.
“No thanks.” I answered.
“Take it. We can hang out a lot during school.” He held it out and he wasn’t planning to take it back so I took it.
“Great.” This is going to be a long year.
The taxi pulled up to a huge Prep school. It looked like an ancient building. We all departed and went to our dorm rooms. My name and Tiffany’s name were on the tag next to my door. I was in the middle of unpacking and Caleb’s phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it read Matt. I should tell him to call Caleb’s other phone. I pushed send and Matt immediately began to talk. “Hey man, where are you? I just got here.”
“Hello? This isn –”
He cut me off and said, “Sorry. I didn’t know he was THAT busy. Who is this?
“Sam, and I’m n–”
“Can you tell him I called?”
“Yeah, but this isn’t –“
“M’kay. Thanks. Bye.”
People are always quick to assume. His phone rang again, but it read Caleb.
I answered. “Hello?”
“Sam. Come downstairs and meet me by the big, pink flower tree at The Square.”
“But I am g-” Before I could answer back, he hung up.
“Who was that?” Tiffany asked.
“Caleb.”
“What does he want?”
“To go to the big, pink flower tree at The Square.”
“Oh, let me come with.”
We walked out of the dorms. I couldn’t find the tree. I walked around half the campus but I couldn’t find my way. Tiffany was of no use. All she did was follow me. I turned around to go back to the dorms but I bumped into someone.
“Sorry.” I mumbled. I’m such a klutz.
“No, it was my fault. I am sorry. Are you okay?” he asked. I stared into his green eyes.
“Can you tell me the way to the big, pink flower tree at The Square?”
“Sure. Go straight down this block and turn left. It should be half way down the block near the park. You can’t miss it.”
“Thanks.”
“Yeah, no problem.” He said as I walked off to that direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue?
Comment/ subscribe