Status: On hold.

It's Not You, It's Me

Meeting

Caleb sat under the tree with three other guys. I turned around and began walking back. Within the two minutes that I turned and tried to go back, I couldn’t move because arms were wrapped around my waist and started pulling me back.
“Caleb, let me go.” I whimpered.
“Nuh uh. I recognized that straight brunette hair and hoodie with my last name on it.” He chuckled. “Anyway, I want you to meet my buddies, Matt”, he did a handshake, “this is Jake”, he playfully punched his arm, “and this is Will.” He patted Will’s back. “Guys, this is Sam.”
“Wait. Sam? Sam as in the Sam that you have been too busy hooking up with Sam and wouldn’t talk to me on the phone? Really Caleb? But I can see why you chose her over me. She has those dark green capturing eyes, and the body.” Matt looked me up and down.
“Dude, I gave her my phone because she doesn’t have one. She’s not with me.”
“Oh, okay. Sorry about that Sam.” Matt was clearly embarrassed. His attention span turned short. “And who may this be?”
“THIS is Tiffany.” She answered. “I’m her twin.”
“Guys, make nice with them. They are new members of our group.” Caleb said.
I turned toward Caleb. “Caleb, you’ve proved your point. You don’t have to go as to make me part of your group. Just take Tiffany.” I took off the hoodie and rummaged through the hoodie’s pockets for the sunglasses. I held them out for him, but as the wind blew, I began to shiver. “Here are your sweater and sunglasses.”
He took the sweater and put the sunglasses on top of his head. “Hold up your arms.”
“No.” I kept my arms pinned to my side until someone from behind lifted them up. Caleb slid his hoodie on me. I felt much warmer.
“See? It’s cold outside.” He said.
“Thanks.” I admitted.
I was exhausted from everything that happened within this two day period. I plopped myself onto the grass and lay down. I stared at the clouds above. All of the painful memories that I tried to suppress came back to my mind. My red nose started sniffling and tears ran down my cheeks. Caleb came over to me, while the boys just stared at my spontaneous break down, and he put his sunglasses over my eyes. He lifted me up from the grass and hugged me.
“Are you okay, Sam?” He voice was full of concern.
“uh-huh.” I cried my eyes out until I calmed down and fell asleep.
“Oh please. What a faker.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/ subscribe?