Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Prologue

Jessi's heart pounded as she ran through the woods around Sandhurst. She could hear her friend's breath beside her. On the other side of the hill there were the sounds of the men. They were after her, not him. He shouldn't be here, he was going to graduate soon and if he were caught now it would tarnish his spotless record. She, apparently, wouldn't be joining him as they had thought.

One of the cadets in their group had tried to seduce her. When she wanted nothing to do with it he had gotten angry and started hitting her. So she did the only thing possible, she defended herself. Well technically she beat the living hell out of him but it was in self-defense. It didn't make a lick of difference anyway; the captain would still bust her hard core just because he hated her guts. She was able to best al of his male cadets except for one. Ironically enough he was her only friend here at Sandhurst.

They stopped as they reached the road that cut through the forest.

"Becker you need to go. I don't want your record tarnished because of me", Jessi pleaded.

"Fine. I can hold them off for a while by telling them you ran down the road", he said looking around.

She gave him a skeptical look.

"Don't worry Wilder won't suspect a thing. You know I'm his favorite", he gave her a small smile.

"Thank you so much for everything", Jessi said as she threw her arms around him neck and hugged him.

"I only wish I could have gotten to you and Thompson in time to prevent this whole mess", Becker replied hugging her tight.

She could see the regret in his eyes in the moonlight. Brushing a piece o her long, fiery hair out of her face he smiled sadly.

"Take care of yourself Becker".

"You too Jessi".

She turned to walk away when he suddenly grabbed her arm.

"Wait", he said quickly with a pained look.

"What", she was confused.

"I probably won't see you so I thought you should know. I should have done this earlier but...” he rambled like he had no idea of how to say what ever it was that was bothering him.

"Beck. Just say it", Jessi interrupted him gently.

Suddenly he attacked her lips. After the initial shock she found herself kissing him back. Bitter irony filled her mouth with his sweet taste. She had fancied him for a while and it hurt that she had to leave. He drew back but pulled her into another hug.

"Go", he whispered.

She gave him a quick kiss before dashing off across the road and back into the trees. After a half a mile she looked back over her shoulder to check for pursuers. Seeing no one behind her put on a burst of speed and ran towards a large rock in the shape of a ramp. Launching herself into the air, her body changed into an owl's. She flew off in to the night on silent wings.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first tentative chapter of my Primeval story. Don't worry I won't change a whole lot of the original story line, just some little things. I probably won't keep up with it quite as often as Fire and Ice but I thought this would be kinda fun to do. This is one of my favorite shows. Becker is my favorite character but Abby and Conner are my seconds.
This is going to be very interesting to write because so much of Jessi is about animals, which one she changes into and history/ mythology, her Celtic blood. Luckily animals are my passion and I greatly enjoy all things Celtic. Jessi and I share much of the same interests so I also have a good background in paleontology. Course I'm no where near as good as Conner or Cutter but that would hard to do anyways.
Hope you like it and PLEASE comment. I really need feedback for this since it's the first Primeval fan-fic (at least that I've seen)
Ice Cat