Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 16: Visions of Her Ancestor

That night, Jessi dreamed of Boudica.

She saw and felt the whole story. She felt her ancestor’s happiness in the great times of peace and her rage and pain when the Romans brutalized her people. The smell of the blood and smokes of the burning cities felt so real to her. She felt the weight of the blade in her ancestor’s hand and saw the terror in the eyes of the Roman cowards that she cut down. She felt the chariot beneath her feet in that last battle. Her men cheered around her, the clatter of metal on metal as it began. Ultimately, she felt the agony of defeat in the end and the last act of rebellion as she took the poison.

Then the great queen stood before her. She was clad in a fine maroon tunica. A bronze, chief torc was at her neck. Her long, flaming hair hung past her waist. She was adorned with traditional, blue, war paint. It swirled in designs and animals all over her body. Her expression was motherly.

Jessi was dressed in a similar fashion with her cat’s head torc instead. A blue raven was painted on both of the women’s faces. It symbolized Morrigan, the goddess of battle, strife and fertility. She’s most often depicted as a raven. Andraste was specifically Iceni where as the Morrigan was familiar to all of the Celtic tribes. Her name translated to the “Phantom Queen”.

“A fight is coming my daughter. It is not one of sword and dagger but no less important. The woman you met today is not to be trusted. She means to get a spy amongst you. What ever happens, she must not infiltrate your defenses. Among other things, she seeks an artifact of great power. Your leader knew it was important, but not why. Also be wary of the demon that murdered your leader. She has lost her mind. I fear she will do something drastic. Killing him broke something inside of her that can never be fixed; she’s unstable with unimaginable technology.
Be strong my child. I pray that Andraste and the Morrigan will watch over you. Never forget you have allies. Your friends will fight with you to whatever end. That dark haired warrior that you knew in training would follow you to the ends of the earth; I think. He reminds me of my Prasutagus. You will do well. I have faith in you”, the great queen smiled warmly. She drew Jessi into a hug and kissed her forehead.

Jessi awoke that morning feeling better than she had in a long time. She knew Becker would want to hear Boudica’s warning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi folks! Sorry the chapter is so short.
Thanks to Aha!I'm CaptainHook! and annamoonstone for their lovely comments. Unfortunately there aren't any new commenters which is why I took so long to update. PLEASE COMMENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm begging you!
Big thanks to emotionalwreck for the awesome banner! Thanks for reading!

Ice Cat