Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 17: Oh the Joys of Family Visits

A few days later Jessi was doing research on different prehistoric animals. Conner had given her a copy of his database of every known animal in the fossil record. She knew a great deal about paleontology but she wasn’t anywhere close to Conner. How and why he made it was beyond her but she wasn’t complaining. It had been very useful so far in helping her fight the creatures, for the most part. It didn’t say anything about the Predators or the fog worms.

Currently she was reading about a large theropod dinosaur from the mid-cretaceous called giganotosaurus. She had just read the part saying it was larger than T. Rex when the detector when off. Jessi sighed and closed her laptop. Heading into the hall she met up with Jenny.

“Is it the same place again?” Jenny asked as they entered the main room.

“No. This is a new one”, he answered as he tapped away on the keyboard.

They stopped right behind Conner. “Let’s get going then”, Jessi said.

“Where’s Abby?” Conner asked.

“She’s meeting Jack”, Jessi said not thinking. She knew that Jack was her brother but Conner did not.

“We’ll call her on the way”, Jenny said. Conner looked a bit apprehensive but stood up anyway. Everyone went to leave but Conner stopped his new thingamajig.

“Jen, give me two minutes. Two minutes and I can have this thing up and running”, Conner asked. She looked skeptical. “Please”, he added.

“Two minutes”, she before hurrying off.

Jessi ran to her office and grabbed her tranq gun and Winchester. She came back the same time Jenny did.

“Conner. How much longer?” she asked.

“Seconds away”, he answered as he scurried around the thing. His fingers worked franticly.

Becker came up behind them. Jessi turned around to see him. He smiled causing her to return it.

“Done”, Conner announced before turning to Becker. “Load it up”.

Jessi helped Becker load up Conner’s machine in to large, black, cases.

“So how’s your day going?” he asked her.

“Fine. Yours?”

“Fine…so far”, he smirked.

“True”, she chuckled.

By now Jenny and Conner were gone. They loaded the boxes up in the back of one of the ARC trucks. Then they jumped in and took off to the anomaly site. She looked over at him.

“So I figured I warn you, my family is coming next week”, she said.

“I assume they’re going to want meet me”, Becker chuckled.

“Well it’s more of a either you meet them or my mother and aunt will hunt you down themselves”, Jessi laughed.

They’d been dating for a little over a month now. It wouldn’t have been such a big deal to them if Jessi and Becker hadn’t gone so far back.

“I guess I should’ve predicted that”, he laughed.

“If it bothers you I can lock them up at the ranch”, she smirked.

“It’s fine”, he laughed lightly.

“If you’re sure”, she shrugged.

“I am”.

“Oh by the way I had a vision of Boudica a few nights ago”, Jessi explained what happened.

“So you think this is a warning?” he asked seriously.

“Don’t think, know. This has happened before and it’s always been true. I’ve learned this is not something to take lightly”, she answered.

Becker nodded.

Just then she felt Jenny trying to use the telepathic connection that Jessi had with every member of the team.

*Jessi? *, she heard in her mind.

*Jenny. What’s up? *

*Jessi we need you here faster than fast. That reptilian journalist locked us in a warehouse*, she said sounding annoyed.

*Be right there*, she replied before turning to Becker.

“Was that Jenny?” he asked.

“Yea. Apparently that journalist that’s been giving her problems locked her and Conner in a warehouse”, she explained.

“Go on ahead. I’ll catch up”, he smiled.

“Are you sure?”

“Yea. Hurry. There aren’t any cars around us right now”.

“Thanks Beck”, she smiled and kissed him on the cheek before turning into a hawk and flying out of the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Sorry it's kind of a boring fillerish chapter but oh well.Thanks to Aha!I'm CaptainHook! and annamoonstone for their lovely comments.

Ice Cat