Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 18: Danny

Jessi landed in front of a hung hanger and shifter to her human form. Just as she had finished Conner and Jenny turned a corner and came into view with a strange man following them. He was tall and skinny with short, messy, brown hair. Jenny seemed to know him so Jessi wasn’t very concerned. She sprinted to them.

“Sorry I didn’t get here fast enough. Who’s this?” she asked as they headed towards the door to the hanger.

“Danny Quinn”, he said holding his hand out.

“Jessi Vengeance. So I assume you’re the Danny Quinn that locked Conner up”, she said.

“Yep that’s me”, he chuckled.

She looked him over, deciding she’d deal with him later. Jessi and Conner hurried in as Jenny stopped Danny. She appeared none too thrilled about him being here. As they walked into the hanger they saw what was probably the biggest anomaly she’d ever seen.

“Wow. It’s enormous”, Conner said in awe and Jenny walked up to them.

There was a pause before the three heard an impressed whistle behind them as Danny walked up.

“You’re not going to leave are you?” Jenny sighed turning around to face him.

“Things are just starting to get interesting”, he smirked.

Just then they heard someone crying for help and noticed the over turned car. They rushed over and found two people in the car, a white woman in professional clothes with long, brown hair and an equally professional looking man with dark skin with ear length, black hair.

Danny tried to open the door but it wouldn’t move. “Door’s jammed. Go ‘round the other side”, he told Conner.

He hadn’t gotten more than two steps when Jenny protested. “Oi! I give the orders ‘round here”, she snarled. Conner looked very confused and torn. She turned to him, “Conner go on the other side”.

Jessi stood beside Jenny, keeping her attention fixed on the anomaly in case any thing came out. She preferred not to change in front of the three strangers but if she had to she would. It was possible to go back and alter their memories later.

“Is this the journalist you said to tell you if we saw him anywhere near the center?” she asked.

“Yep. And the one who broke into the car to steal my handheld detector and the one who locked Conner and me in the warehouse”, she said giving the man a cross “I told you so” look.

It wasn’t long until Becker drove up. Jessi was standing with Conner and Jenny as they were grilling the two journalists who were leaning up against their upside down car.

“Can you describe the creature for me?” Conner asked.

“Big”, the man said.

“Very big”, the woman added. “Huge”.

“ I was kinda wanting a bit more detail than that”, Conner said anxiously.

“Let me do this”, Jessi sighed as she put her first two fingers on the man’s forehead and her thumb between his eyes. She entered his mind and dug through his most recent memories of that day. Then she found it. “Shit!”. She pulled back and turned to Conner and said, “Large theropod, about 35 to 40 ft long”. She turned to the journalists and said, ”See was that so hard?”

“People are dead because of u”, Jenny said sternly.

“This is amazing. This is the biggest story there’s ever been and it’s mine! I mean, you don’t seriously believe you can keep this covered up do you?” the woman scoffed as Becker walked up.

“There’ll be no story. Trust me”, replied.

“Guys can we just focus!” Conner said getting frustrated. “What happened to the creature?”

“It went back”, the man said pointing to the anomaly.

“You can’t stop me from telling the world about this”, the woman shot back at Jenny.

“Watch me”, Jenny replied before turning to Becker. “Take them away, take their phones. Not one word of this leaks out”, she commanded.

Becker whistled and one of his men came and did just that.

“We haven’t got much time. It knows there’s easy prey here”, Jessi warned.

Danny came over with a case in each hand. He set them down on the ground. “Look here’s what I think we should do…” he started.

“There is no we”, Jenny interrupted him. She was beginning to get really pissed. “This has got nothing to do with you. This is a secure zone and you don’t have authorization to even be here. Leave now!”

“Do you want me to arrest him?” Becker asked.

“Last chance”, Jenny said.

Danny simply turned back to the truck and grabbed another case. “So where do you want all this stuff?” he asked.

Everyone was very surprised. “Unbelievable”, Conner said.

Jessi wasn’t sure whether she should be annoyed with him or amused. Jenny was her friend but there was something very amusing about Danny’s stubbornness. Either way, everyone started to help him unload Conner’s contraption. Once all of the cases were unloaded Conner began scurrying around like a chicken with its head cut off. With in a few minutes he was putting the finishing touches.

“And we are ready”, he said.

Jessi was on edge a bit. She really wanted this thing to work. After a moment he pushed the big, red button. A shower of sparks and smoke erupted from it. Conner cried out in pain and held his hand.

“Conner!” Jessi and Jenny cried.

“I thought you said this would work”, Jenny sighed.

“It does…It will”, he said scrambling around the device.

“Well how long til we can try it again?” she asked.

“I don’t know. A few seconds? I don’t know”.

“Just a little thing but did anyone think about closing the doors?” Danny said from his seat on a box.

“That’s it, arrest him”, Jenny said obviously fed up.

Becker walked up and placed his hand on his shoulder when a sudden roar came from the anomaly. The same dinosaur Jessi had seen in the journalist’s mind stormed out of it. It quickly headed towards the door and escaped. When it left Becker and a few of his men ran to the door and looked out.

“The biker, he’s gone too”, he said as he hurried to the truck.

“His name is Danny Quinn but right now I’m a bit more concerned with a T-rex running wild on an airfield”, Jenny said as she and Jessi went to the truck.

“I don’t think hat was a T-rex. It was too agile looking”, Jessi said.

“It was a giganotosaurus, a G-rex if you’d like. That thing is bigger, it’s faster, it’s even more dangerous”, Conner explained.

“Get the locking mechanism working again and seal the anomaly”, Jenny said as she got in.

Jessi got in the back behind Becker, who was driving. He turned to one of his men and said, ”Stay with him. Anything comes through there, kill it”. And with that they were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Wow this is a really long chapter! Hope ya'll like it.
BIg thanks to my commenters Aha!I'm CaptainHook! and annamoonstone!!!!!

Ice Cat