Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 19: Clash of the Titans, Prehistoric Style

Becker screeched out of the hangers. Driving like a bat out of Hell, they sped down the runway towards the G-rex. It was heading for a parked plane. The beast roared as the truck neared it. It snapped at them as they reached it. Becker swerved out of the way. He sped up and pasted it. When the reached the plane he parked under it. Jenny jumped out and screamed at the men who were working around the plane to get back.

The G-rex came charging up to the plane, roaring. Jessi and Becker hopped out of the truck. Becker shot in a couple of time with his shotgun. It didn’t do much except to annoy it.

“I’n going to go stop it,” Jessi told Becker.

“Wait,” he said grabbing her shoulder. “As a last resort. I don’t like it when you go out there. Please,” he said with concern in his eyes.

“Fine”.

The beast reached it head into the cargo hold door to try to get at the crew. It failed and snarled angrily.

Becker turned to Jessi and Jenny. “I’ll go check on the crew. I gotta get them down,” he told them.

“I’ll come with you,” Jessi said.

He nodded and they ran over to the lift that was sitting in front of the door. Becker shot the G-rex to create a distraction while Jessi quickly climbed up. She did the same with her Winchester when she reached the top. It had about as much of an effect as the shotgun did. They hurried inside to see the crew looking confused and startled.

“What is that thing?” one asked. He looked like the captain.

“Doesn’t matter. Don’t worry we’ll get you out of here,” Becker said.

He walked over to stand by Jessi who was watching Jenny down below. She’d gotten back into the car. Just then the G-rex noticed that they hadn’t parked in completely under the plane. Jenny was trying to start it but it wouldn’t. Her eyes got large in alarm.

“Jenny get out of the car!” she and Becker cried.

The G-rex came up to the car and pushed it with its head. Jessi heart was hammering. *No, not again. Not another one! * she thought.

Then they saw her backing away from the car with a panicked look in her eyes. Becker sighed heavily with relief and rested his head on the plane. Then he turned back to the crew.

“Change of plan. Stay here. You’ll be safer where you are,” he told them.

He turned back to her. By some unspeakable force se knew he wanted them both down with Jenny. She nodded and them quickly climbed down. They hurried under the plane. Jessi felt the creature’s breath as it snapped at them. She heard Jenny talking to someone over the radio as they ran up. They waited in silence. Jessi’s mind raced with possible ways to take out the G-rex.

She wasn’t sure how to fight as a theropod so that was out of the question. Maybe she could tire it out. If she was some four legged animal that was big enough she could run around it, nipping at it’s heals like some cattle dogs back home. That might work. It would be dangerous but that was something she was use to.

She noticed Abby’s blue PT Cruiser driving up. It went back around behind the plane and parked. Conner jumped out and headed for the tow truck. He was thinking of distracting the G-rex. Jessi ran after him.

“Conner stop!” she said jumping in before he could leave the safety of the plane.

“But someone has to distract that thing,” he argued.

“Yes. Me,” she said. “Stay here. I was just coming up with a plan as you drove up,” she told him.

“Fine.”

Jessi raced back to Becker.

“I’m going to create a diversion. Get some back up ready if you can. This isn’t a fool proof plan,” she said before kissing his cheek and racing off.

“Jessi wait!” Becker cried but it was too late.

Jessi changed into a huge gorgonopsid. She snuck around behind the G-rex before letting loose a terrifying roar. It turned around to race her. She crouched into a defensive position, snarling. When she tried to use her telepathy all it was thinking about was food. They circled each other, sizing the up their opponent. She led it away from the others out to the runway where she’d have more space. Although she was about half its size she was quicker and more nimble.

It lunged at her, its huge mouth open wide. She easily stepped out of the way and nipped at its heal. It snarled at her and she snarled back. They began to circle again. If she could get it on the ground she could restrain it. It was obvious the beast wasn’t use to something like her and wasn’t sure how to handle it. She wasn’t very sure either but at least she had a plan. This happened a few more times.

It made another lunge, going for her head this time. She ducked around and grabbed a hold of its tail, hoping to pull it down. But she misjudged its strength. It swung her back towards its head. She hit the ground on her feet only to be wacked by the beast’s head. It sent her flying and landing hard on the tarmac on her left side. A sharp pain erupted from her right side and she smelled the metallic scent of blood. The beast must have had its mouth open when it hit her. She looked down and saw a long gash on her side.

The G-rex walked up cautiously. She snarled and snapped at it. It stopped at a safe distance and watched her. Jessi was beginning to panic. She was too weak to move and would bleed out if something didn’t happen soon. She looked pasted the G-rex to her friends standing at the plane.

“Jessi!” Becker cried in horror. Abby and Jenny were holding his arms. He wanted to rush to her rescue although they all knew there was nothing he could do. It broke her heart.

The G-rex took another step forward. Just then a helicopter flew right over the beast’s head. It stopped and looked up. The chopper hovered close by, taunting it. The G-rex went after it, much to her relief.

Jessi was loosing blood fast. She couldn’t stop the change that turned her back to her human form. Normally using a prehistoric animal she would’ve turned sooner for lack of energy that came with them. But one’s that had come through anomalies were different. She’d seen them before. They weren’t as easy as modern animals but it still helped. In fact it saved her life today.

She cried out in pain. Reaching with both hands she tried to put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding but her hands were too small and the wound too big. Someone must have gotten to car to work again because it squealed to a stop close by a few moments later.

“Jessi!” Becker rushed to her side with a medical kit.

“Hey Beck,” she smiled wearily at him.

“It’s going to be alright. I’m going to fix this right up,” he said lifting up here shirt and wrapping the wound.

She cried out as he pulled the wrapping tight. “I’m sorry but I gotta do this,” he said apologetically.

“I know, I know,” she said through grit teeth. “We need to get back to the hanger. They may need our help.”

Becker just shook his head and sighed before he lifted her bridal style and laid her in the back seat of the truck. He looked at her worriedly.

“I’m fine. Go,” she assured him.

He nodded before getting in the driver’s seat and started to drive. The car hit a large bump. Jessi whimpered in pain. Becker’s hand found hers and squeezed it. When they stopped he scooped her up and carried her over by Conner and the locking mechanism. Abby hurried to her side.

“Are you alright?” she asked looking her over.

“Yea, I’m fine,” she said weakly.

Becker was stroking her cheek comfortingly. Just then the sound of a helicopter filled the air. It disappeared into the anomaly. Then a ferocious roar echoed through the hanger. Jessi tried to get up but a blast of pain ripped through her. Things started going dark as she heard Becker call her name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Fight scene!!! How do you guys like it? Big thanks to Love You to Death. for her comment! Also thanks to all my readers.

Ice Cat