Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 21: It seems we have a lot to explain Beck

Jessi and Becker were curled up on her couch watching the western Lonesome Dove. Becker was lying on his back while Jessi rested her head on his chest with his arms around her. He seemed to be really enjoying it.

“So the lightning on the cows horns. That can’t be really,” he’d said at one point.

“Actually it is. My dad said happened to my great grandfather once,” she told him.

“You’re fond of Lorena, yes?” she teased midway through.

“Yea I like her. She’s pretty and is a strong woman. But she’s not spunky and adorably feisty like you,” he smiled warmly at her.

She smiled back at him and turned back to the movie.

When it was over they got up.

“I can see why that’s one of the most famous westerns. It was great. Gus and Call were my favorites, I think,” Becker said wrapping his arms around her shoulders as they walked into the kitchen.

“I’m glad you liked it. Did you know the few snippets of the Native American language they had were Lakota?” she said as they started on lunch.

“How can you tell?”

“Do you remember when that little blind boy was calling ‘ina’ just before Deets picked him up? Ina is the word for mother,” she explained. “In fact many westerns have bits of Lakota in them even if it doesn’t make sense. SHanghai Noon takes place in Nevada which is too far south for the Lakota but that’s what the Indians in the movie are speaking.”

“Huh. I had no idea,” he said thoughtfully.

“Most people don’t.”

“Most people don’t know bits of a Native American language either,” he chuckled.

“True. Here let me put this one song on for you. It’s got a bit of Lakota in it as well,” she scurried over to where her Ipod was plugged into speakers and put on Creek Mary’s Blood by Nightwish.

“Soon I will be here no more
You'll hear the tale
Through my blood
Through my people
And the eagle's cry
The bear within will never lay to rest

Wandering on Horizon Road
Following the trail of tears

White man came
Saw the blessed land
We cared, you took
You fought, we lost
Not the war but an unfair fight
Sceneries painted beautiful in blood

Wandering on Horizon Road
Following the trail of tears
Once we were here
Where we have lived since the world began
Since time itself gave us this land

Our souls will join again the wild
Our home in peace 'n war 'n death

Wandering on Horizon Road...

‘I still dream every night
Of them wolves, them mustangs, those endless prairies
The restless winds over mountaintops
The unspoilt frontier of my kith 'n kin
The hallowed land of the Great Spirit
I still believe
In every night
In every day
I am like the caribou
And you like the wolves that make me stronger
We never owed you anything
Our only debt is one life for our Mother
It was a good day to chant this song
For Her

Our spirit was here long before you
Long before us
And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end’”

It started off with a beautiful Native flute. Jessi couldn’t help but sing along. Though her voice wasn’t operatic like Tarja’s from the band she still sounded good. It was a song that had very special meaning to her and was one of the most beautiful songs she’d ever heard. She closed her eyes and let the song steal her mind away as she leaned against the counter. When it got to the Lakota part at the end she was able to pick out a few words like wolf, mustang and good (which was the first word in the language she’d learned).

Becker sat there for a moment after it was done with a look of awe on his face. “That was beautiful. I can see why you like that song. What band was that?”

“A Finnish symphonic metal band called Nightwish. They’re my favorite,” she told him.

“I like them too,” he smiled.

At that moment the door burst open. Becker stepped in front of her protectively. She was still in no condition to fight. They crept into the living room to find non-other than Jessi’s parents, grandfather, aunt, uncle and cousin.

“Surprised!” her mother said happily. It soon to confusion as she looked at Jessi and Becker.

Jessi was in Cookie Monster boxers and a large t-shirt while Becker only had a pair of jeans on.

“I hope we didn’t come in at a bad time,” her aunt Kate said.

“It seems we have a lot to explain Beck,” she said awkwardly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Thanks to everyone who stuck with me and commented!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If her family looks familiar to some of you it should. Her mom is Jean Grey from X-Men 3. Her Dad is John Wayne in the movie Rio Bravo. Her grandfather is Robert Duvall playing Gus McGrae from Lonesome Dove. Her aunt is Eowyn from the Lord of the Rings. Her uncle is Chris LeDoux, and her cousin is Newt from Lonesome Dove.

Jessi's family:

Image