Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 23: Olepi

Jessi led everyone outside and towards Olepi’s pen. Becker was walking beside her.

“I assume we’re taking them to see Olepi,” he said.

She nodded.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Babe, when I was seven I brought a six and a half foot diamond back rattlesnake home as a pet, much to my father’s extreme dismay. Obviously I wasn’t allowed to keep it,” she laughed lightly.

“Why do I not have a hard time believing that?” he chuckled wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

*You know my family’s watching, right? * she said amused.

*Yep. Unless that bothers you, * he said with a smile.

*Nope it doesn’t, * she replied.

He set her a picture of him sweeping her off her feet and kissing her.

*Easy there big guy. I don’t think my dad would take too kindly to that, * she laughed.

*True, * he chuckled.

By then they had reached the pen.

“So what’s in here?” her father asked.

“Just watch,” she grinned as she went through the gate. Jessi whistled. “Olepi!”

The big cat came bounding out from his hiding spot towards her. He skidded to a stop just in front of her and began rubbing his face against her legs and making happy noises. She turned to her family. “Everyone, meet Olepi. I rescued him on one of our earlier missions before Becker. He’s a smilodon,” she told them stroking his big head.

“I think I speak for everyone when I say this isn’t all that surprising for you,” Newt said.

Jessi just laughed and shrugged.

“So Abby got a weird lizard and you got a saber-toothed cat out of this mess,” her mother said.

“And one of our mates got a pair of…what were those things from the hospital?” Becker asked her.

“Diictodon.”

“What do those look like?” her grandfather asked.

“Ummmm…a ratty, chipmunk, beaver kinda thing,” Jessi laughed. Even Becker laughed at that. Her family gave them odd looks. “Sorry kind of an inside joke from that mission.”

Olepi gave a huge yawn, showing his great fangs.

“I just fed him a few hours ago so we should let him sleep,” she said scratching his cheek before walking out of the pen.

They started walking back when she saw Wil, Jim, Brett and Newt take Becker aside. Her mother and aunt caught up with Jessi.

“He seems nice,” Jane said.

“I’ll say. You did good!” Kate laughed nudging her with her elbow.

“So have you…?” her mother asked.

“MOM! We just started dating,” Jessi cried her face turning red.

Her mother and aunt laughed.

“I think I’d rather get the police interrogation with the men!” Jessi exclaimed.

“Alright we’ll quit harping on you,” Kate said.

“We’re just glad you’re happy,” her mother said hugging her.

“Thanks guys.”

They had finally reached the house. Becker looked at Jessi.

“Well since you’re family’s here you don’t need me here to make sure your side heals alright,” he said. “It was very nice meeting you all, but I should be going,” he said to her family.

“What’s your rush? Why don’t you stay for dinner? We’ll cook up a great big “cowboy” dinner and everything,” her mother said.

Becker looked at Jessi again.

“Please,” Jessi said using her puppy face.

“Alright,” Becker laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! Hope you all like it. Big thanks to Love You to Death. andannamoonstone for their comments!!