Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 2: Conner, Abby, and Dr. Page

The team drove to the British Museum. Becker and his men were armed and dressed in all black. Jessi was dressed similarly but in jeans and brown, scuffed up cowboy boots. It was as she always said, you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl. This was partially obvious in her choice of weapons. While the men carried autos, she opted for a double barrel shot gun in her hand and a Winchester rifle slung across her back. A Colt Peacemaker was holstered on her left hip and a Scottish dirk was on her right. She also had a small derringer hidden in one boot and a Celtic dagger in the other. She was a strange mix of Western, Celt and Mediaeval but it worked for her.

Becker had taken one look at hr and sighed, shaking his head.

"You're surprised?" she smirked.

"Not in the least", he grinned.

Just then Conner and Abby ran up, tranq guns in hand. Cutter turned around to face them.

"Conner Temple and Abby Maitland. This is Captain Becker. He's here to protect us so do as he says", he said in his Scottish accent as he turned back to Becker and his men. "Unless I think he's wrong".

Becker gave them a little nod of acknowledgment as his men fell in behind the team. They walked down huge museum hall. Jessi fell in with Abby and Conner.

"So is he your Becker? The one you talked about from your time in that army boot camp", Abby asked.

"Yea actually. It was a big surprise to see him walk in with Lester", Jessi replied.

"That's pretty cool to have your old mate on the team...Well except when something wants to use him like a chew toy", Conner said.

"Thanks Con. That makes me feel SO much better. It really does", she said sarcastically.

He chuckled. "Ya know, you did a good job of describing him. That's exactly how I pictured him" Conner said looking at him walking ahead of them.

Jessi and Abby gave him surprised looks.

"Is there something you're not telling us?" Abby asked with a smirked.

Conner got a baffled expression for a second. " What are you...Oh that came out wrong didn't it?" he said.

"Yea just a lit'le bit", Abby said chuckling.

It was no secret that Conner'd had a huge thing for Abby since the beginning. Jessi was sure that Abby starting to reciprocate those feelings but she wouldn't tell him. Then again it was Abby.

It was very easy to see that she was Jessi's cousin. She was tough, tom boyish, passionate about animals and knew how to kick some ass. There were of course some differences between the two. Abby was more cityish and in to lizards while Jessi was western and preferred felines. A lot of it had to do with their different up bringings. Jessi was the only child (human at least) of a Wyoming cowboy and Abby's mother's sister. As different as they were they were thick as thieves.

*He's pretty hot*, Abby noted to Jessi.

*Now that you mention it, yea I s'pose he is*, Jessi laughed.

Abby raised her eyebrow in a skeptical look.

*Uh huh. You remember that night he helped you escape from Sandhurst like it was yesterday, you talked about him for a good hour or more about him and you just noticed he was hot? You can't honestly expect me to believe that*, Abby said.

*Hey that was an isolated event! I was drunk off my ass.*

Abby just laughed.

*Don't make me bring Conner in to this. I may have been drunk but I still remember what you said*, she threatened good naturally.

Jessi laughed as Abby slugged her in the shoulder.

"I feel like I'm missing something", Conner said looking at the two of them.

They just laughed some more.

After a moment Jessi trotted up to the head of the procession to walk by Becker.

She heard the two talking about why Conner didn't like museums. Something about him staying after hours to see if the exhibits came to life and getting trapped in the toilets for hours.

"Are you ready?" he asked seriously.

"Iv'e been ready", she replied.

A door to their left opened and a woman came out. She had an Indian look and she carried a kaki shoulder bag. They surrounded her as she was locking the door. She turned around to see them and looked very startled.

Cutter walked up to her and said calmly," I'm Nick Cutter".

"Dr. Page...I'm guessing you're some kind of thief", she said warily.

"No. Actually I'm a professor", he said slightly amused.

"Never seen a professor carrying a gun before", she replied looking at his hand gun.

"Yea. It's a pretty specialized field", he said with a half grin as he looked at it too.

Jessi chuckled to herself. Specialized? Yea, you could say that.

They got Dr. Page to come with them and they continued down the hall. After some distance a smell hit Jessi's nose that caused her to stiffen.

"What is it?" Cutter asked.

"Blood. Close by".

They quickly moved forward to find the source. The body of a middle age to older woman was laying behind a display case. Cutter checked for a pulse.

"It's an animal kill", Abby noted.

"Marion!" Dr. Page said quietly.

Suddenly Jessi heard foot steps at the woman dashed back down the hall.

"Dr. Page!" Cutter called after her.

Every took off in hot pursuit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I finally updated!! Sorry it took so long! I got busy with school, life and my other story. Now that's it summer I should be updating this again. I almost thought about dropping this story but I'm glad I didn't. Unlike in my Murtagh story I can show my cowgirl side in this one and it tickles me to no end. It's a large part of me and it's hard...no impossible to hide.
Season 5 starts in a few days and I'm super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more awesome Becker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for those who are gonna read this after so long!!!
Ice Cat

This makes me laugh. Ben Mansfield (the guy who plays Becker) called him an emotional retard in an interview so I thought it was fitting.

Image