Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 7: Yee Haw!

A few weeks later Jessi woke up early, it was a Saturday. Soon her brain began working as she turned her music on. Some people had coffee in the mornings, she had music. After she fed the horses she came in and was hit with a marvelous idea.

She scooped up her small, orange, tabby cat Star. "Light bulb!" she said her.

The cat jut meowed and looked at her with her beautiful amber eyes. She looked at her cat clock in the kitchen. It was about the same time Becker would be getting up. Jessi grabbed her phone and began a text for Lester.

Becker and I are taking one of our days off.

After a few moments her phone started playing Deadwood Mountain by Big and Rich. She picked it up and read the message.

Fine. But only because you haven't used any of your days this year.

Jessi smiled as she replied.

Thanks Lester!!

Ok

Jessi chuckled. She then flipped through her contacts until she got to Becker and hit send.

"Hello?" he said slightly groggy.

Hey! I had an idea. You're going to come out to my place and I'm going to teach you how to have fun, savvy?".

There was a pause on the other end of the line before he said confused, "You do realize we have go to work, right?".

"Yep, but I already took care of that. I already talked to Lester and we have the green light", she said brightly.

"Alright", he sighed.

"Oh don't sound so bummed. It will be fun!" she giggled.

"Ok, how do I get there?" he laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Becker pulled up her gravel drive way and parked in front of her small, country house. She went out to greet him barefoot wearing a tank top, jeans and a smile. He was in a t shirt and an old pair of jeans.

"So where did this come from?" he asked grinning.

"Just fell out of the sky randomly", she laughed as they walked into the house. "Can I get you anything to drink? Water? Sweet tea?" she asked.

"What's sweet tea?" he asked perplexed.

She turned and stared at him wide eyed. "You don't know what sweet tea is?!? You gotta try some!"

Jessi grabbed pitcher of tea out of the frig and poured two glasses. Handing one to him she took a sip of her own. She made some mean sweet tea, sweet but too sweet. He took a tentative sip.

"What do you think?" she asked.

"It's very good actually. I don't think I've had tea cold before", he said looking surprised.

Jessi laughed and sat on the counter. Just then a particularly fun and very country sounding song came on that make Jessi crack up. It was Cheater, Cheater by Joey and Rory. She couldn't help herself and sang along.

Cheater cheater where'd you meet her down at Ernies bar?
Did she smile your way twirl her hair and say, how cute your dimples are?
Did she use that line 'your place or mine' while you danced with her real slow?
Tell me cheater cheater, where'd you meet that no good white trash ho

Liar liar did you buy her whiskey all night long
Did you hide your ring in the pocket of your jeans or did you just keep it on
When the deed was done an you had your fun did you think i wouldn't know?
Tell me cheater cheater where'd you meet that no good white trash ho

Now I'm not one to judge someone that I ain't never met
But to lay your hand on a married man's bout as low as a gal can get
Hey I wish her well as she rots in hell and you can tell her I said so
Cheater cheater where'd you meet that no good white trash ho

Loser loser hope you love her cause your stuck with her now
Take your sorry butt load up all your stuff and get the hell out of my house
but I just wish you'd tell me this one thing before you go
Cheater cheater where'd you meet that no good white trash ho

Now I'm not one to judge someone that I ain't never met
But to lay your hand on a married man's bout as low as a gal can get
Hey I wish her well as she rots in hell and you can tell her I said so
Cheater cheater where'd you meet that no good white trash ho

Ya I just wish you'd tell me this one thing before you go
Cheater cheater where'd you meet that lowdown, uptown, slept with every guy around, pressed on eyelash no good white trash ho
Ya I just wish you'd tell me this one thing before you go
Cheater cheater where'd you meet that lowdown, uptown, slept with every guy around, pressed on eyelash no good white trash ho

Jessi shut off the sterio and turned to see Becker staring at her open mouthed and wide eyed.

"What?" she asked confused.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that?!" he asked dumfounded.

"What are you talking about Beck?".

"Your singing. It was brilliant! You have a beautiful voice and you sounded just like her only better!" he said before taking a sip of his drink.

Jessi was shocked. "Th...thanks. I knew I could sing a little but nothing amazing", she stuttered a bit.

"Well then you're not giving your self nearly enough credit", he said matter-of-factly.

"If you say so", she shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"Yes I do say so", he raised his eyebrows and looked at her with a grin.

Jessi smiled. Then another great idea hit her. She gave him a mischievous look before dashing off to her room. When she came back she tossed a pair of her father's cowboy boots to Becker with knee high socks stuck in them. He caught them with a very confused look. She sat down and pulled on a pair of brightly colored knee high socks then put her spurs on before pulling on her boots. They had been her father's old bronc spurs and they looked old. The rowels (the spinning part of a spur) had five short, round points. She preferred to have them since her horse could be very stubborn, but she rarely ever used them on him. They were mostly there to let him know that he wasn't going to get away with anything if he tried. He was a very smart horse.

Following her example Becker had put on his boots too. She walked up to him with a playful grin.

"Do you trust me?" she asked quietly.

He reacted just a little to her sudden change. For some reason it almost seemed flirty, but she didn't care. Today was a random day and the Dropkick Murphys song stuck in her head was only making it worse. Irish music did strange things to her.

"Yes, of course", he seemed perplexed and intrigued.

"Then let me show you one way we have fun where I come from", her grin widened.

She grabbed his hand and ran out to the barn. Opening the great, wooden door, she was greeted by one of her favorite smells in the world, saddle leather. She breathed in deep and savored the smell. It was mixed with the smell of hay and the slight musky barn smell.

"Stay right here", she said excitedly.

Becker nodded and sat on a hay bale. Jessi pulled a pair of bridles off a hook on the wall and went out to the corrals. A friendly, black and white face was looking at her. She opened the gate and he was right there to meet her, sniffing her curiously.

"Kido!" she laughed as he tried to sniff her face with his velvet muzzle. "Hey buddy", she said giving him a hug.

Jessi smiled as she put on his bridle and latched the throat latch. She also caught the palomino (a color of horse, golden body and white mane and tail) she called Robin. The quarter horse shown like a golden coin in the sun. Kiddo was at least just as magnificent. He was a beautiful black and white paint quarter horse. Jessi hopped up on Kiddo bareback and rode him over to the barn leading Robin. She turned the corner Becker saw them and came towards them slowly. Smiling, she slid off Kiddo and turned to him.

"This is Kiddo and you'll be riding Robin", she said rubbing her horse's neck.

"We're not riding without saddles are we?" Becker said warily.

"No", Jessi laughed. "I could but I might as well saddle up too".

"So how do we do that exactly?" Becker asked.

"I'll show you", Jessi said as she looped both sets of reins loosely on a fence post.

She walked over to where the saddles and blankets were and grabbed the ones her father usually rode when her folks came. She threw the saddle blanket then the saddle on then she began showing him the process.

"The cinch is always first", she explained as she treaded the latigo through the cinch and tightening it. "Just in case your horse spooks, you won't loose your saddle. Next is the back cinch. Last is the breast collar. You don't actually NEED it but I don't want to bother taking it off. Now just walk him around a bit to make sure the cinch doesn't pinch him". He did that and lead him back to her, where she made a few more adjustments before patting the saddle and saying, "There you're all set. Now to get on just put your foot in the stirrup and swing your leg over. Make sure you always get on and off on the left side".

She handed him his reins, adjusted his stirrups to fit and then went to saddle Kiddo. It wasn't long before she was in the saddle too. Jessi preferred split reins (two individual reins) so she let Becker use the much easier roping reins (one long one). Jessi explained how to stere and make him go faster or slower.

"You ready?" she asked Becker.

He nodded smiling from ear to ear. She took them into a large arena.

"Now the reason I put you on Robin is that he's kinda lazy. He will only go as fast as you make him. I can gallop circles around you and he won't give two shits", she laughed as they rode around the arena.

Becker laughed too. They were silent for a good while. She breathed in the wonderful smell of horse and leather. It was one of her top three favorite scents. She just loved it.

"You know what I think?" Jessi said suddenly.

"What?"

"All those folks in the city doing drugs and everything are missing out on the best drug of all".

"What do you mean?".

"One of the greatest feelings in the world is being on a horse loping or galloping. It's an adrenaline rush! The wind in your hair, it makes you feel so free!" she smiled.

"Do it!" Becker said quickly. "I wanna see you two go full out. You said Robin won't do anything. Please!".

They had reached the bottom of the arena and it was the perfect spot.

"Alright if you insist", Jessi smiled.

She stopped and let Becker get a ways in front of them. His eyes were glued to her.

"You ready buddy?" she asked as she reached down to pat his neck.

At first they were a little slow, to warm Kiddo up. Then they took off flying down the arena. The wind whistled through her hair and her heart was pounding. She could feel Kiddo beneath her. It was a rush. When they reached the other end they turned sharply like a barrel racer and sped back towards the far end.

Becker POV

Jessi and Kiddo flew down the arena full throttle. She moved in perfect harmony with the horse's movements. The wind whipped through her hair flaming it behind her as if it were real flames. She looked so natural in the saddle, as if she had been born in it. Then again that probably wasn't far from the truth. Her great paint moved with amazing grace, like he was the wind itself. His legs were a blur as they sped past them. Jessi was laughing like there was no greater thing on earth. It was an awesome sight.

She loped up to them with a huge smile, a slight flush in her cheeks . He loved seeing her so happy.

"That was awesome!" she said excitedly.

"It looked like it", Becker smiled. "You look so natural on a horse. Like you were born there. It's a shame you can't take one to work", he chuckled.

"That would be so great!!".

He could tell she was really hyped up.

"Do you mind if I do some laps? They don't get used as much as I'd like them to", Jessi asked.

"Go. I like watching you", he love to actually.

"Then we can trot a little if you'd like".

"Alright".

She nodded before she trotted off. The trot turned in to a lope and then gradually a gallop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later they sitting in the hay loft talking. They worked the horses, unsaddled them, Jessi had poured some water on Kiddo's back to cool him down and they given a bite of grain as a treat.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey ya'll!! I don't know about you but I had some serious fun with this chapter. I had been playing with the idea for one like this for a while. Finally I went riding today and inspiration hit me. Riding Kiddo is such a blast!!!!!! He is without a doubt my best buddy. Star too! Who needs made up animals when I have the perfect ones right here? So how does everyone like the layout? Finally learned how to make them!
Big thanks to annamoonstone and A Place For My Head.!!!!!!
I don't yet have a picture for Robin but I do have one for Kiddo and Star. Kiddo's dirty though, which isn't uncommon for him at all.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/Icecat7/Action%20Man%20Says%20Hes%20Coming/216443_166246860098369_100001391672497_392800_6648037_n.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/Icecat7/Action%20Man%20Says%20Hes%20Coming/l_6db693b7ace82e9ef9301bc97970ac48.jpg

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!!!

Ice Cat