Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 9: Reminiscing, Smilodon and a Blue Bra

"Now come on. Lunch is almost ready", Becker kissed Jessi on the top of the head and lead her back inside with his arm around her shoulders.

As she walked through the door the smell of the food hit her making her stomach growl. It smelled delicious! They got their plates and sat outside on the porch swing. After they finished they brought everything in and put it in the dish washer.

"That was amazing. I don't think I've ever had a more perfectly cooked steak", Jessi said.

"Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it", Becker smiled.

They walked back outside and wondered down to the barn.

"What happened to you after you left?" Becker asked.

"I went back to the States for a while, working on the family ranch in Wyoming. Abby gave me a call one day and said the zoo she was working for had recently fired their head cat keeper. She asked if I was interested. I took the job and moved back across the pond. Now I'm fighting dinosaurs and working for the government. Amazing how fast things can change. What about you?" she asked as she laid on a bale of hay back in the hay loft.

"I graduated from Sandhurst with honors and went into the Special Ops. Now I'm working with an amazing woman and fighting over grown lizards that died millions of years ago. If anyone had told me back then I'd be doing this I would've called them delusional and recommended they see a psychologist", he chuckled.

Jessi laughed.

"So what kinds of creatures did you see before I got here and which one was the coolest?" he asked after a moment.

Jessi thought about it. "Well the first anomaly was in the Forest of Dean and we had a gorgonopsid (awesome yet terrifying)(http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100613025560/primeval/images/b/b9/Gorgonopsid23.jpg), a scutosaurus (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100712155113/primeval/images/3/3d/Episode1.1_33.JPG), and a coelurosauravus better known as Rex (http://images.wikia.com/primeval/images/a/a3/Rex_testing.jpg)". As Jessi explained she sent him mental pictures using her telepathy.
"The next was in the tunnel systems under London. God I hated this one! There were giant spiders as big as a man's head (http://images.wikia.com/primeval/images/1/17/Creatures_giant-spider.jpg) and this monster centipede called arthropleura (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100714172205/primeval/images/a/aa/Episode1.2_49.JPG)", she shuttered a bit. "I'm not an arachnophobic but that scared the hell outa me!
After that we had one that moved, first the Queen Mary Reservoir then a poor woman's basement. That one gave us a mosasaur (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100613030010/primeval/images/f/f3/Mosasaur_1.jpg) and a hesperonis (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100716151435/primeval/images/c/c1/Episode1.3_35.JPG). After that we had one in the Matchroom Football Stadium. A group of dodos (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090322023034/primeval/images/6/69/Dodos.jpg) came out and at least two of them carried nasty parasite that ended up killing it's host in less that 24 hours. In this case it happened to be Conner's friend Tom. The dodo's were kinda cute but the bug sure wasn't.
The Wimbledon Golf Course was where the next anomaly was. That one gave us a pteranodon (http://images.wikia.com/primeval/images/7/76/Episode1.5_24.jpg) and a shit load of these other little pterosaurs called anurognathus ( http://images.wikia.com/primeval/images/d/df/Anurognathus.jpg).
The next one just flat out fucking sucked! Our anomaly in the Forest of Dean reopened and two of the nastiest, meanest, most dangerous creatures that will ever walk the earth came through, future predators ( http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110714140661/primeval/images/b/bc/Predator_2.jpg). These things are very intelligent, fast, agile, with claws and teeth. They use sonar like todays bats which is where we think these things came from. I really Really REALLY hate those things. They are the only thing (other than Helen)that is 'shoot on sight'. It's a matter of they kill us or we kill them".

"Well that's a refreshing change", Becker smirked.

"You say that now. Trust me you don't ever want to be put in that position! Cutter shot one and a gorgonopsid killed the other when we went through the anomaly.That was where it killed the man who was in your position before you, Captain Tom Ryan. I was scary as hell but I must say that was a bad ass fight! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb9w0iBJX0M&playnext=1&list=PLB620FD2936B69C09)
Next we had one in the Castle Cross Shopping Center where a couple of raptors ran a muck (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110627125032/primeval/images/0/08/Raptor.png). The next one opened in a office building and these nasty, huge worms came through (http://images.wikia.com/primeval/images/2/2a/Primeval16.jpg)". Pause

"What do I say about the next one?" she sighed and Becker gave her a curious look.

"THe next creature we dealt with was a smilodon or saber-toothed cat. He can through an old anomaly in the house of a woman by the name of Valerie as a small cub. She raised him. At the end of our investigation she had tried to have him kill Cutter but he ended up attacking Valerie when she got to close while he was extremely angry. Her intentions were honorable and she seemed to have some training but she forgot he's a wild animal. I took care of him until Helen's man Leek stole him for their collection I told you about. When we were trapped by those two much later I was able to save him and I some how talked Lester into letting me keep him. His name is Olepi, the Lakota word for hunt (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100929065528/primeval/images/f/fa/Episode2.3_37.jpg) (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100929063630/primeval/images/e/e4/Episode2.3_28.jpg)", she explained.

Becker looked at her with astonishment.

"You kept him?!".

"I couldn't let him die in there Beck! He looked at me with those big, amber eyes and he asked me to save him. Olepi isn't a bad cat, in fact he's quite affectionate when he wants to be, he just needs some one who knows how to handle him".

"And you think you know how to handle a cat that size?!" he seemed slightly angry and incredulous.

"If I don't then who does? I went to college to work with predators and I'm a telepath. Besides even if he does decide to attack I can change into something to defend myself like I did with the pristichamsus. Can you think of anyone else more qualified?" she challenged.

He looked at her for a moment before sighing in defeat.

"No I suppose not. I just remember how you were always eager to put yourself in danger if something was important to you. Sorry. I know you're more than capable, I just worry about you sometimes", he had a small smile.

"Oh that's the pot calling the kettle black. You're the same way!" she laughed. "You're not the only one that worries. I realize now that the joke I made your first day about you being fresh meat was in bad taste, especially since I saw Captain Ryan die and you're one of my best friends. Please don't try to be the hero this time", she smiled but they both heard the seriousness in her voice.

An awkward silence that filled the room.

"Awkward silence", Jessi noted.

"I thought nothing was awkward for you" Becker chuckled.

"Well not nothing just most stuff isn't" she laughed.

There was another pause.

"Can we go see him?" he asked

"Olepi? Yes!" Jessi jumped up excitedly, grabbed Becker's hand and pulled him out side.

The cat's enclosure was back behind her house and a ways from the barn. Olepi heard them coming and let out an impatient whinny growl. He chuffed happily as they approached rubbing his face against the fence and Jessi chuffed back. Jessi stepped inside and closed the gate. The great cat loped up to greet her and rubbed against her legs.

"Hey big guy! How are you?" she crooned to him as she squatted down to his level.

"You weren't kidding about him being affectionate", Becker laughed.

"Nope. Oof! Olepi!" she laughed as he rubbed his face against her and almost knocked her over.

Then the great feline noticed Becker and went to go investigate. He put his hand up to the fence so the cat could sniff it. After a moment he chuffed to Becker and looked at him expectantly.

"Well he took to you very quickly. It usually takes a couple of times for him to get so friendly. Oh and he's expecting you to pet him by the way", Jessi noted.

"What?" Becker asked surprised.

"Stick your hand through and pet him" she giggled.

He did as she instructed hesitantly. As soon as his hand was in Olepi put his large head under his hand, surprising Becker.

"He's so soft", he said.

Jessi just smiled.

"Normally I wouldn't do this but would you like to come in?" she asked. "Leave your phone and pocket stuffs outside if you would."

He nodded. They were both on their knees petting the great cat and Olepi was loving every minute of it. But, they were both very well aware of his large fangs.

"Is he one of the reasons you hate Helen so much?" he asked randomly.

"Yea. That bitch had him half starved so he would attack us. Didn't she buddy?" she cooed.

Olepi made a happy noise. He was getting a little more energetic with his walking back and forth between the two.

"You wanna play big man? Huh? Ya wanna play?" she said standing up. "Wait till I get a ways before you follow, she told Becker.

Then she took off down the long enclosure. It had a roof and plenty of trees, boulders and huge logs for him to climb as well as lots of toys and a pool. It was a big cat's dream. Jessi raced over rocks and around trees with Olepi hot on her heels. When she reached the pool she jumped in and Olepi landed right beside her. Becker jogged up laughing.

"Come on in. The water's fine", she called.

"Naa I think I'm good", Becker replied.

Olepi was gently mouthing her arm but she flicked him on the nose. "No", she scolded him. He sneezed and then started licking her arm.

"Should we go get him and make him come in?" she spoke quietly to the cat who made an affirmative noise. "Alright let's get him!"

They got out of the water and walked over to Becker.

"Whoa what are you doing?" he asked backing away.

"What? You don't trust us?" she asked innocently.

"Not right now I don't", he laughed.

She laughed as she grabbed his arm and Olepi pushed them into the pool with his head. He soon jumped in after them. Becker came up a little after Jessi did. He splashed water at her.

"What was that for?" she laugh splashing him back.

"Because you two pushed me in!" he laughed.

They got into a splashing war as Olepi watched from the steps looking very amused. After 10 mins they heard Becker's phone ringing.

"I think it's time we get out", he said.

"Yea probably", she replied.

They all climbed out and Olepi shook himself dry, spraying them with water.

"Ahh! Buddy!" Jessi giggled.

The cat just sat there looking perfectly innocent. They began walking for the gate. Olepi ran ahead of them chasing the stick Jessi had thrown for him.

When they reached the gate Jessi fed him and told him good bye. The sun was just beginning to set as they reached the house. She looked over at Becker. His wet shirt clung to him like a second skin, revealing a tantalizing view of his muscles.

"You're ripped", she said.

"Yes...?" he said confused.

"Beck, you're standing there with a wet shirt on that's glued to abs so good that a person could wash clothes on them. Why do you sound confused?" she laughed.

"Because I have no idea where you're going with this".

"Ugh! I was complimenting you!"

"Oh. You look very good in a wet t shirt yourself", he looked at her and she noticed a feint hungry glint in his eyes.

She looked down at her shirt and remembered it was white.

"Oops", she laughed.

"Nice blue bra by the way. It matches your eyes and the camo screams you", he smirked.

"I'm glad you enjoy the view. I'll have to wear my bikini for you next time", she winked at him.

"That's probably not a good idea".

"Oh? And why not?"

"Because you are a very attractive woman and I remember what I did right before you left that night".

"And I couldn't forget it even if I wanted to", she said seriously.

He looked at her with a particular expression.

"Do you think something would start if we did?" she asked.

"Yes".

It was silent as they stared at each other, both wrapped in similar thoughts. Just then a horse whinnied snapping them back to their senses.

"I suppose I'd better go. This was a lot of fun, Jessi. Thanks", Becker smiled.

"Anytime. I'm glad you came. It was a blast!" she smiled back.

He wrapped her in a one armed hug before getting in his vehicle and driving away. Jessi did her chores with Becker on her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
come on that's cute!

Whew lotsa pictures! You have to watch the video of the fight!! It's awesome! Sooo what do you all think? I'm sorry if saving the smilodon bothers anyone but he's so pretty I just couldn't let him die! Besides if I hadn't we wouldn't have the lovely pool time and the metal image of Becker in a wet shirt ;D.
Big thanks to all of my readers, an even bigger thanks to my subscribers and much love to my commenters Edge of Glory and annamoonstone!!!!!!

Ice Cat