Status: Thanking a small break. Be back soon. Writer's block for this one.

I'm Losing the Best of Me

I Miss His Voice

"You're what?!" Noah gasped at me. "How in the hell did that happen?!"

I gave her a look, and she rolled her eyes. Before she could even reply, Zack came back to the table.

"Everything okay here?" He asked, looking between the two of us.

"We're fine," I replied for Noah. "Have fun in the bathroom?"

Zack rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah. Total riot."

"I wouldn't doubt it," I chuckled. I looked at my watch. "It's about time that I get back to work."

"Can you do that?" Noah asked me.

"Yesss, Noah. I can work. I'll talk to you guys later?"

"Of course," Zack replied, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend. "Did I just see you eat meat?"

I nodded my head.

"I only eat chicken though. I have to for..." I trailed off. "My body?"

"Yeah, you do need some meat on your bones." Zack joked, but my arms wrapped around my body anyway.

"Well....off to work."

*

"Jack?" I called, walking into my house, but I got no reply. "Fucker,"

Noah hugged my shoulders slightly.

"At least now we can talk about everything. Jack doesn't know about the bun in the oven, does he?"

"Not one bit." I replied, sitting down on the couch. "I plan on keeping it that way for at least another month."

"So you haven't explained the crazy mood changes and the puking? Wow. He's dumb,"

"Jack isn't dumb." I defended. "He just doesn't pay attention."

"That's for sure," She agreed. "Do you know who the dad is?"

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Yeah, I do."

"Alex?"

"Who else would it be? I've had sex with him more than I have Jack. I haven't been with Jack in that way since the very end of Senior year. Alex is the only buyable answer."

"Obviously...unless you had a one night stand."

"Again...only with Alex."

"Damn, you are stuck, aren't you?"

"Yes! Help me?" I asked my best friend, begging her.

"Fine. Okay. I WILL help you, but only depending on what you need help with."

"Talking to Jack normally, telling Alex he's a baby daddy, explain to Jack, and eat."

"Wow. What a list," She replied, a smile playing on her lips. "How about we take one at a time, okay? First let's get you talking to Jack first."

"He's not here, and he hasn't answered his phone all day. Plus I know that Jack and Zack have plans tonight. Alex and Rian are still back in Maryland."

"That's right..." She trailed off. "How about you call Alex and try talking to him?"

I nodded my head at her advice, and picked up my phone.

"What if he doesn't answer? What if he hangs up?!"

"Then we'll have to try a different approach."

"Okay..." I agreed before I dialed his number. He didn't answer my call. "He's not picking up."

"Try again."

"What if he's with Jack?"

"Oh please, A. They have barely even looked at each other for the last month."

"You're right..." I trailed off, and looked at her. "I'm calling again."

"That's not a good idea."

"But I have to, Noah. I miss his voice. I miss him."

My best friend pouted and wrapped her arms around me.

"Maybe you should tell him that."

"I guess I should."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's sort and suckish! It seriously will be better! Just have faith, okay?
Go read/suscribe/comment on Resistance Is Useless :)

- Rae <3