Status: Thanking a small break. Be back soon. Writer's block for this one.

I'm Losing the Best of Me

Dinner with Alex

"Are you nervous, A?" Noah chuckled as we watched me put on my eyeliner. My hands were shaking, making it nearly impossible to put on my make-up.

"Just a tad. Ya know, telling my best guy friend who used to be my lover that I'm having a baby and it's totally his."

"You're right...easy as pie."

I groaned.

"Your sarcasm kills me,"

"I'm sorry!" She giggled. "This is a freaking huge step. Are you sureee that you're ready?"

"Yupp. It's nearly eight. He'll be here soon."

"Okay. I'm going to go hide in my room, make it look like I'm not here and what not."

I laughed lightly.

"Okay. Thanks, Noah."

She winked playfully before leaving me alone in the bathroom. I finished my eye make-up, keeping it a natural brown color. I sighed at myself in the mirror. My stomache was churning and I felt like the bile would come up again like it did this morning. I fucking hate being pregnant. There was a knock on the front door, and the flipping in my stomach got worse. I knew that Noah would answer the door and let him in. I didn't have to check to know that it was Alex. I just knew that it was him. I slowly walked out of the bathroom and into the living room where I saw a shocking sight.

There stood a less confident looking Alex with red/brown locks perfectly misplaced and dressed nicely but casual. His hands were stuffed in the pockets of his hoodie before removing one and messing with his hair. I cracked a small smile, and he replaced it with his own heart-breaking one. I felt my lip quiver before I unwound my arms from their place crossed over my chest, and embraced him. Alex reacted instantely by winding his arms around my torso, hugging my body to his. With my arms locked around his neck, standing on the tips of my toes, and my head by his, I closed my eyes. I was able to actually breathe. My heart beated fastly in my chest, and I felt warm tears call from my eyes as I held them closed for as long as possible. Alex took in a shaky breath, but never let go.

"I love you." I finially managed to whisper to him. "Oh God, I fucking love you Lex."

"I love you too, Aria Nelson," He whispered, his voice sounding just as sad as mine was.

I snuggled my head into the crook of his neck as the tears stopped. I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. His hands drew soothing circles into the small of my back. It wasn't awkward or weird like I had pictured him picking me up. It was completely heart-breaking. I was able to finially pull away from Alex, just enough to look at him in the eyes. I gently placed my forehead to his.

"Are you ready to go now?" I asked softly, closing my eyes again.

"I'm ready whenever you are." He whispered back, removing one hand from my back and placing a strand of my brown hair behind my ear.

"Okay." I whispered before pulling back and finally letting go. "I'm sorry that I kind of just attacked you like that,"

He smiled. It was small, but it was real.

"It's fine. I'm glad that you did." He answered.

"Where should we go?"

"I think that I just want to take you out to a nice vegetarian place."

"That's really sweet, but I really want McDonalds."

"McDonalds?" Alex asked, pulling his eyebrows together.

"I freaking love that place! I want chicken nuggets!"

"But...you're a vegetarian?"

I smirked.

"There is a reason why, Alexander. I will tell you later though," I replied, swooping up my purse.

"Okay." He chuckled but we both walked out of my apartment. "Are you sure you want McDonalds..."

"Yes!" I groaned, a tiny bit annoyed with him.

"Okay, okay. Chill girly. I was just asking."

"I know...." I trailed off, feeling bad I nearly snapped at him. Alex led the way to the rental car, and he drove to the nearest McDonalds. He ordered chicken nuggets, fries, and a vanilla shake for me, and a Big Mac meal for himself. I got comfortable in the booth, slowly waiting for him to get our food. I felt my iPhone vibrate and I checked it.

From: Jack Attack

Sorry babe, I can't come over tomorrow. Band business in Vegas.

Hope you understand.... xoxo.

I studied the message and let me eyes wonder back up to Alex. He was filling his cup at the soda fountain. By the time he figured out how to put on the cup lid, the food was waiting for him. He walked back over to me, and sat down the trey between the two of us.

"Here you go." He chuckled, but then he noticed my expression. "What's wrong?"

"Where do you have to be tomorrow?"

"Here?" He shrugged. "We're off on a break at the moment, so we can do whatever the fuck we want to. Matt flew in to California with me earlier so he's probably with Zack and Jack."

"Do you guys have plans for tomorrow?"

"Well Zack and Jack planned on having hangover's and a day off. Aria...what is this about?"

"I'm so fucking confused."

"You're confused? I'm fucking lost."

I giggled and shook my head.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just...I really missed you, Lex."

"I missed you too, Aria."

"You better have!" I chuckled, playfully waving a fry in his face.

We ate in near silence, and I had all but forgotten that I had to tell Alex.

"Now down to business." Alex announced to only me.

"I was beginning to wonder if you forgot or not..." I admitted.

"Come on, Aria. Tell me what's wrong?"

"I...um..." I slightly stuttered. "Do you want to stay the night with me? I really missed you and one date to McDonalds isn't going to cut it. Sorry,"

"You're not sorry,"

I smirked back at him.

"Fineeee. I'm not." I admitted.

"Fine." He smiled brightly at me. "But I call your bed."

"But it's my bed!"

"So? We can share."

Oh hell to the no.

That's what got me knocked up in the first place.

"Come on, let's go." Alex stated, motioning toward the door. We made it out in one piece before going back to my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute chapter from my point of view :)

Comment please! :D

- Rae <3