Status: Thanking a small break. Be back soon. Writer's block for this one.

I'm Losing the Best of Me

Confession

"Just go get yourself settled." I stated. "In my room."

"Okay," He chuckled. "Are you ever going to tell me what's up?"

"Not until tomorrow." I replied.

Alex sighed heavily.

"Okay." He walked toward my old bedroom and disappeared behind his door. I made my way into the kitchen, finding an apple to eat. It seems that I'm always fucking hungry. I quickly finished before I slipped into the bedroom, finding Alex already laying down. I giggled to myself and he looked up at me.

"Comfortable?"

"Well...I could be even more comfortable..." He trailed off, looking at me with his puppy dog eyes.

I smiled sadly, but I slipped off my clothes. I quickly found a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before getting dressed and entering the bed. I pulled the blanket up to my waist, and rolled over, facing Alex.

"This is the first night I've been in here since you left."

"Are you serious?" He asked, sounding surprised.

"I'm dead serious," I sighed heavily. "As much as I would love to be able to, I just can't seem to let you go."

"Is that a good or bad thing?" He questioned, intertwining our fingers together under the blanket.

"I haven't decided yet...but I'm glad that you're here right now."

"Even if you're with Jack?" He asked, a slight bitter tone escaping his lips."

"Yes," I confirmed. "Alex, I need you in my life. It fucking kills me when you aren't around."

"Are you inviting me back into your life?"

I nodded my head.

"I kind of have to, Lex."

I really was putting off telling him.

"Why?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow. Let's just cuddle, kay?"

"Mmkay," He chuckled and wrapped me up in his arms.

I haven't been this happy in forever.

"I think about you way to much," I mumbled out loud.

"I think about you way to much too." Alex mumbled back, snuggling back up into my shoulder and hair. My hand instinctively went to his hair and toyed with the strands there. I stared at my ceiling, waiting for him to fall asleep so that I could. Once I heard Alex's deep breathing, I closed my eyes and removed my hand from his hair before I laid my head on top of his. I kissed his forehead and sighed deeply.

I honestly missed this kid.

<3

When I woke up, Alex was still snoring. I smiled softly before pilling myself away from his hold. I went to the bathroom before I walked into the kitchen. I got everything I needed for two bowel's of cereal. One for me, and one for Alex. I was making my first bowel, and decided that I wanted some pickles too. I love pickles.

"How was your dinner with Alex?"

I slightly jumped, and relaxed when I saw Noah.

"Great." I smiled softly at her.

Noah studied my face for a moment.

"Is Lex here?"

"No...."

"Aria, please don't lie to me."

"Okay," I sighed, but I continued to smile. "He's here,"

"You look happy."

"I blame the baby." I giggled.

"You blame the what?!"

Noah and I quickly turned our heads toward where the sound came from. Stumbling from my room, a amazingly wide awake Alex was walking into the kitchen in his boxers.

"Oh wow. This is...awkward." Noah stated with a nervous laugh. "I'm going to go out now. I think that you two need to talk,"

I bit my lip and looked down at my bowel of cereal before I finished fixing it.

"I'm making you some cereal. Do you want some?"

"Sure...." Alex trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. I could tell that he didn't know what to say. I finished his bowel and motioned for him to join me in the kitchen. I didn't forget my bowel of pickles. We ate in silence. It was extremely awkward, and I could tell that Alex was thinking way to hard for his own good.

"Do you want anything else?" I asked, taking up his bowel to put in the dishwasher.

"I want to talk to you, Arie-poo."

"Give me a minute, okay, Lex?"

"Fine." He replied. "I'll be in the living room, watching early morning shows."

"Okay." I laughed and walked into the kitchen.

How in the world am I going to tell Alex?

He will probably hate me for the rest of his exsistance for ruining his life.

I took a deep breath before I walked into the living room and sat down beside Alex. He was slouching on the couch and looked bored as hell.

"Ready to talk?" He questioned, sitting up slightly.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Okay...so what did you mean by 'I blame the baby'?"

"There's this baby I wat-."

"Aria. Stop fucking around and tell me the damn truth."

I took another deep breath.

"I'm pregnant, Alex."

His jaw slightly dropped and I saw sadness in his eyes.

"Oh...wow...um... Jack's...gonna be a great...dad." He had a hard time saying the words.

"He's....not..." I trailed off. "He doesn't..."

Alex furrowed his brows, trying to piece together my words.

"What?"

"Jack isn't the baby's dad, Alex," I nearly whispered. "He doesn't even know."

"Whoa...how far along?"

"Alex, seriously?"

"Yeah?"

He was lost.

Dumbass.

"Two months...Alex, do you get what I have been trying to tell you?"

"I-I think so? Can you please say it out loud so that I can hear the truth for myself?"

I bit my lip and nodded my head.

"You're going to be a dad."

"Shit." He muttered.

"I knew it."

"Knew what?" He asked me, again confused.

"You hate me because I'm ruining your life." I pouted. "I'm really sorry, Alex! I didn't mean to it just-."

"Aria, shut the hell up," He stated in a joking tone. "I'm just sorry about the fact Jack is thrown into this shit to. But you're not fucking with me, are you? You're seirously pregnant?"

I nodded my head.

"I took a pregnancy test,"

"One of those you can get at a gas station?"

"Um...yeah?"

"Then we're going to the doctor's office later today. You need to know how far exactly along you are and what to eat, what not to eat. Not to mention to probably should be taking some kind of pills or shit to help."

I gave him a bewildered look.

"Alex, are you okay?"

"I'm fucking perfect," He grinned widely. "I'm going to be a daddy."

At least he took it well, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Aweeeee <3 :)

Thoughts?

Check out my co-write story, Listen To The Thunder

- Rae <3