Status: Thanking a small break. Be back soon. Writer's block for this one.

I'm Losing the Best of Me

Surprise Visitor

After taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door lightly before entering the room again.

Alex and Dr. Reeves both smiled weakly at me.

"What did I miss?"

"Nothing..." Alex trailed off. "Now what do we do?"

"You can just wait while I get the test results in," Dr. Reeves stated, standing up. "I'll leave you two alone,"

"Okay." Alex nodded befor the doctor was gone.

"Care to explain the awkwardness?"

"What awkwardness?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not in the mood to play games here, Alex. What were you two talking about?"

"You honestly want to know?" He asked, getting frustrated.

"That would be nice!"

"Jack's a mother fucking prick!" Alex retorted. "He's not good for you, Aria. He's..."

"Tell me,"

"I-I can't."

"Why the hell not?"

"Because he's my best friend." He sighed. "I shouldn't have even flown in to see you. That's so fucking wrong,"

"Alex...why are you trying to avoid the subject? Are you going to tell me the truth to what I think I heard or do I have to wait to find out."

Alex bit his bottom lip and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Aria....it's Jack."

"And I'm me, Lex! We're about to have a baby and you can't tell me something that's clearly going to change everything?!"

"That's the whole point! It will change everything! It will change how you look at Jack...how you look at me..."

I sighed heavily, running a hand threw my black hair.

"Alex, I freaking think the world of you. Nothing can change that."

"This might..."

"Does it have anything to do with you?"

"Not directly..."

"Then I can't be mad at you, right?"

"I suppose you can't."

I walked over to Alex, and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I hugged him tightly until he responded by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I can't kick you out of my life. I can't do that to our baby...or myself ever again."

"What about Jack?"

"I don't know, Alex..." I sighed. "Please just promise me that you'll always be here and I'll let it go,"

Alex's goofy smile stretched across his features.

"I'll always be here." He promised.

I smiled and kissed his cheek lightly before letting go. I sat back up on the examine table as he took his original seating.

"What do you want?"

"I want a little girl."

"Well I want a little boy." I countered.

"What if we have both?"

"Don't say that." I playfully threatened. "You're naming them both if we do,"

"I'll hold you to that." He winked playfully.

The doctor entered the room again with a squeak of his shoes and shove of the big door.

"You're definitely pregnant." He stated, laughing almost.

"Great." I replied sarcastically.

"And you'll be three months along tomorrow,"

"You're kidding me right?" I asked.

"Nope. You're small frame makes it harder to tell that you're actually pregnant, but at certian angles, you can tell easier."

"Like when you got out of the car this morning. I could tell that you were." Alex pointed out.

I nodded.

"And here is a list of everything that you will need to do to ensure a healthy baby. Come back for the sonogram next week. I have it already booked."

"Thank you, Dr. Reeves." Alex said, standing up and turning toward me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yupp," I sighed heavily before slipping off of the table. "Thanks, Doc."

"No problem," the older doctor replied before we all walked out of the room. Alex and I checked out, and got back into the rental car.

"Do you have the list?" I questioned, bluckling my seat belt.

"Yeah, it's right here." He laughed, moving the piece of paper in front of me. "Are you hungry?"

"Starved!" I nearly yelled. "But the fast good can't be good for the baby."

"Who said anything about fast food?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at me. "I'm taking you to Olive Garden."

"You don't have to..." I trailed off.

"But I want to." He smiled widely at me.

I missed his smile.

<3

"Thank you for the lovely lunch." I smiled, linking arms with Alex as we walked into my apartment building.

"It was my pleasure, Aria."

"Stop being all sweet." I giggled "Doesn't really work on me,"

"I think it does..." He sang playfully as we waited for the elevator. "I'm thinking about moving out to California."

I stopped laughing and looked at him.

"W-what..."

"Don't look so surprised!" He joked. "It's just that... you're out here all alone 98% of the time, and you're alone. You and our baby can't live alone...."

"Are you suggesting that we move into a house together, Alex?"

"Well...that would be ideal. But I know that you're with Jack, so it might be weird. What if Jack and I live in a house out here, and you can stay in the apartment with our baby? Or I could just rent a condo next to yours or something..."

"Whoa...Alex. Breathe." I joked. "We've got six months to talk about it. There's no rush."

"We need to have a plan."

"You need to calm down."

Alex huffed and then the elevator doors opened. We both stepped inside and he pushed my floor number.

"But seriously...I need to be here. Or you could move back to Baltimore...."

"Baltimore?"

"Yeah."

I bit my lip and stared at him.

"I'll think about it."

"That's all I ask." He smiled. We stepped out of the elevator and walked toward my room. It was locked so I unlocked it and held the door open for Alex. He smiled at me before locking it behind himself. I slipped off my flip flops and walked out of the hallway and into my living room only to see Jack sitting there with a can of beer.

"What are you doing in my apartment?" I questioned, folding my arms over my chest.

Jack sighed.

"I missed you. I came to talk."

"Okay. So talk," I snapped slightly.

Jack sat his beer on the coffee table and stood up. He walked over toward me and placed a simple kiss on my lips.

"I'm sorry,"

"Aria, I hope you don't mind but I...." Alex trailed off as he walked into the living room, looking between Jack and myself. "I'll just leave...."

"Lex... come back here." I sighed heavily.

He turned around and looked at me with hurt-filled eyes.

"I'd rather not intrude."

"I asked you to come over didn't I?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

Jack watched with confusion etched on his face.

"Since when are you two talking again?"

"Since he knocked me up." I spat, moving away from him. "I'll be getting myself a water. I'll be right back."
♠ ♠ ♠
Newwwww chapter :)

Comment please!

xoxo Rae