Status: In Progress

When You're Feeling Empty, Keep Me in Your Memory

Home Sweet Home

I get off the bus after a 5 month tour. Luckily I'm free for the next 2 months, and then it's off to the studio. I haven't seen my brothers or parents in 7 months. Before this five month tour was a two month tour in the states. Of course my parents call me almost every day, but I haven't been the best daughter. Might have ignored them? But fuck, they don't need to know that.

As I walk up to the big familiar house, I notice loud ass music coming from inside it. Great, my brothers are being destructive again. I pull my bag up higher on my shoulder, and wheel my suitcase behind me. With my keyboard in it's case to my right, I open the front door. Only to be blasted by cold air, and loud music.

“You're never there
You're always missing.
When are you going to be there?
When are you going to show you care?”

I heard. My song about my ex boyfriend. Awesome. That's when I heard Brian's loud voice screaming along to my music. They're all older then me, and you'd think they'd be more mature. Apparently not. I pulled my shit in and set it down before slamming the door loudly. “JIMMY!” I heard Brian call and then heavy footsteps. He came running in and stopped in his tracks. “Jayne!” He screamed even louder. I covered my ears.

“What are you trying to make me go deaf over here?!” I half yelled back before smiling. I missed the hell out of my crazy brothers. Brian ran over and hugged me tightly and even picked me up some. I hugged back. “I missed you guys so much!”

“We missed you too, little Jay.” I smiled at the nickname I've had since I was born. We had little bee and big bee and little Jay, me and big jay, Jimmy.

Brian helped me put my stuff away in my room, (up the stairs and to the right.) By the time I was done, it was almost dark out and Jimmy wasn't back yet. He is who I missed the most. It was mostly him and I growing up. People sometimes thought we were twins, because we hung out together so much.

As I thought about what time Jimmy could possibly be getting here, hopefully not drunk, I heard the door shut downstairs. I smiled and ran downstairs with Brian. I jumped on Brian's back seeing as he was winning the “race.” I didn't think about it, but Brian wasn't expecting it and fell down the steps with me still on his back. “Owwww” I complained.

“Jay?” I heard Jimmy call. I looked up from my spot on the floor and smiled.

“JIMMY!” I squealed loudly.

“Jayne!” He said in a mocking tone. I giggled and jumped up and hugged him tightly. “I can't believe your home!” He said happily. I pulled back and looked at him.

“What happened to your wrist?” I asked, noticing the cast on his arm.

“Tried to do a flip. Landed on Deegan's ground.”

“Nice” I said nodding. “You're an idiot sometimes with the dirt biking shit.”

“You're crazy with the singing shit!”

“How can you be crazy with that?”

“I don't know. But let's drink. Does anyone else know your home?”

“Mom and dad saw me, but went out to dinner. Brent I don't know where he is.”

Jimmy nodded and linked arms with me. We walked towards the kitchen, not before stepping over the still whining Brian. I smiled up at my big brother, happily and I knew I was going to be okay these next couple of months. But oh how I'm going to miss him when I leave again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

(I posted for Britt so no set or character photo sorry! - Calyn)