Status: In Progress

When You're Feeling Empty, Keep Me in Your Memory

Grocery Shopping Conversations.

The next morning, I drove to town in my black audi. It’s fast but in the traffic it’s hard to speed. I stop at a grocery store to get a few things, seeing as I was off tour and I could eat normally again.

Sometimes I hate being the only girl in the house besides my mother. Se doesn’t have girlie parts anymore. If you get my drift. I started down the food aisle in search of… um… “Shit what did I need?” I said out loud as I walked down the aisle. That’s when it hit me.

Well not an it more like a him. Haha. I looked up and smiled apologetic. “Sorry.” I said with a smile.

“It’s alright.” He said with a smile. “I wasn’t paying attention either.” He’s smile was amazing. It made me want to hide mine. And I had a pretty damn good smile if I do say so myself.

“Well umm… I guess…”

“I know you from somewhere.”

“I’m a singer. If that helps.”

“I don’t know. What’s your name?”

“Jayne… Smith.” I said smiling. “And yours?”

“Todd Potter.” I nodded.

“Well Mr. Potter, it’s nice meeting you.”

“So you’re a singer huh?” I nodded and started walking beside him down the aisle. “So should I get your autograph or something?”

I laughed and shrugged. “If you want. I have no problem with it.” I said smiling.

“See that’s the best kind of artist. Ones that don’t get bother by they’re fans.”

“Well what’s the point in being a douche bag to the people who you inspire. That’s why I do this. To help people. If I can go out there and save someone from their shit of a life, then I’ve lived a fulfilling life.”

He nodded. “That’s understandable.” I nodded back. “It’s a good way to live and a good way to look at life.”

“Thanks. It’s how I always thought of life.
He nodded and I realized I hadn’t gotten anything. “Shit. I need to shop.” I said laughing and blushing in embarrassment. He looked down and laughed too.

“Me too. I’ll shop with you.” I nodded and walked around the store picking things out and having random conversations with him. By the end, we ended at the check out lane. I put my shit up and then put up the stupid barrier thing. He put his shit down and I pulled out my card. “Can I get a pack of L and M 100’s?” I asked pulling out my I.D. I showed it to the girl who was too busy twirling her hair at Todd to say anything. “Excuse me.” I said with a slight frown. Jealousy? Hell no, annoyance. It’s has to be. She turned to me and rang up my shit and my cigarettes before giving me a snotty look.

“50.72” She said with a hand on her hip. I slide the card into the slot before putting my pin number in. I got my receipt and put it in my bag. I looked over at Todd.

“Wait for me really quick. Outside.” I nodded and walked out. I stood there and thought, ‘what the hell am I doing waiting? This is bullshit, even for you Jayne.’ But before I could walk to my car, Todd came out bags in hand. “Hey sorry. Had to talk to that girls manger for being rude.” He said walking towards the parking lot.

I stood there stunned for a bit before following him. “She was rude to you?”

“No.” He said and I looked over at him. “She was to you though.” I blink but quickly regained my composure.

“Well thanks.” I said with a smile. “Um, I’ll see you later, I guess.”

“Hey would you like to come over maybe? We could have a bottle of wine and I could cook you dinner.”

“Um, sure. Give me directions and I’ll be over at 5.” He smiled and went to his car and wrote down directions. I waited patiently by my car, until he came back and handed me to the directions.

“See you at five, beautiful.” He said giving me a kiss on my cheek. I blushed slightly and got into my car. Why the hell was I getting like this over a guy? I can’t have a boyfriend or even a friendly daily hook up. Someone always gets hurt, and lets just say, it’s never me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Comments=love <3