Status: New story

How wrong we were to think

lolol

Day 17

Gerard's POV

Time- Unknown

I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep on the saggy mattress. It was uncomfortable, springs poked into my spine, it was damp, it was slightly torn and it creaked whenever I twitched the slightest bit. I sat up again and let my head fall into my hands, a sob racking through my whole body. I wanted to go home. I wanted Frank. I touched my lips gently, remembering the last time Frank kissed me. I could almost feel his lips on mine if I tried hard enough. How I was going to last a few years like this, I did not know.

I leaned against the wall, picking at the fabric of the bedcovers, when the door opened. I sat up straight, and looked curiously at the guard who was walking in.

"You've a visitor," he said, grabbing my arm and hauling me over. I sighed and let him lead

me to the visitors room. It wasn't really a proper room. It was halved, one side for the prisoners, the other for visitors, separated by booths with bulletproof glass. The room was empty apart from two other prisoners who were talking to wives or Girlfriends. I was led to booth 30, right at the end of the first row, and sat down. I gasped when I saw Frank's bruised, beautiful face. He looked surprised when he saw me. I guessed I must have looked different with my hair cut a lot shorter. He and I picked up the little phones at the same time.

"Hey," Frank said quietly.

"Hey,"

He out his hand against the glass. I placed mine on the other side, as if we were touching. He sighed. "I've missed you,"

"I missed you more," I said. He giggled. He had such a beautiful giggle. I realised then that I hadn't heard him laugh properly before.

"Mikey says hi, by the way," He added.

I nodded. "Tell him hello back, when you see him,"

"Will do," I paused. "I adore you,"

Frank smiled. "I love you too, Mr Sexy bastard," I laughed.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself," I winked and Frank blushed, laughing again. I glanced behind me at the prison guard, who was looking slightly disgusted. He was probably a homophobe, like most others around here. I turned back to Frank.

"How long's the sentence?" he asked me.

"I think it's a life sentence, Frankie," I replied sadly "I'm gonna be here for a while," If I survive that long. I added in my head. Gay guys didn't usually do too well in Prison once people found out. Which meant I was screwed cause there were two other prisoners in the room. Frank saw my expression.

"Don't dare think what I think you're thinking," he warned.

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you think I'm thinking?"

"I think," Frank said, leaning his forehead against the glass, an action which I mirrored, "That you're thinking about the fact that gay guys don't last very long in prison," he finished the sentence quietly. I sighed.

"Fuck you and your psychic-ness," I muttered, making Frank laugh again.

"Oh, you'd like to, wouldn't you," He winked.

I laughed, too. "Fuck you? Yes. Fuck your psychic-ness? No thanks,"

Frank shook his head, his shoulders shaking with laughter. He smiled at me. "You look beautiful, Gerard," he whispered.

"You look better, I probably look like shit," I replied. Frank frowned at me but said nothing for a few moments. He just looked at me with his big eyes. "Gerard-"

"Visiting time's up, guys," The prison guard interrupted everyone loudly. I sighed and leaned back on my chair, looking at Frank.

"I'll come visit soon," Frank promised.

"You'd better,"

"I love you,"

I smiled and put the phone down, pressing my hand against the glass where his hand was one more time, before I was led away by the guard, alongside the two other prisoners. I glanced back to see Frank staring after me. I missed him already.