Status: New story

How wrong we were to think

hehe

Frank's POV

"Is everything okay, Frankie, honey?" Dan asked, stopping to turn and face me. I glanced around at my house, wondering if Gerard could see us. Dan watched me worriedly. "Frank?" he tried again. I turned to face him again.
"Uh, yeah... yeah." I mumbled.
"I don't believe you," he replied, leaning in so that his forehead was resting against mine. I moved back slightly, and he noticed, looking hurt, "Frankie, did I do somthing wrong?"
I shook my head quickly, touching my lips to his for a breif moment. "No, it's personal shit, Dan. Nothing to worry about," I tried to reassure him. He looked unconvinced.
"I'm your boyfriend, though. Can't you tell me? I'm sure I can help,"
No, you can't, Dan. How would I be able to tell him that the guy I loved (also the guy who kidnapped me, beat me up a couple of times, was accused of raping me and also accused of raping and murdering other people) had been let out of prison 24 years early? I couldn't. There was no way he'd be okay with that.
"No, Dan, just... leave it. Please," I begged. He signed and pulled away, taking my hand gently and resuming walking.
We walked along to the park, sitting down on a bench and looking at the little pond. I stared at some ducks figting over a bit of bread for a while, trying not to laugh as the baby ducks all flapped around the older ducks, trying to get some food. I glanced around to see Dan looking at me worriedly.
"Hey, Dan, don't worry," I said quietly, "I'm fine, honestly,"
He nodded once and leaned in to kiss me, and this time I didn't move away. I still loved him, no matter what. I kissed him back and wrapped a hand around his waist, sliding over to him. I felt him smile slightly. "I love you, Frank," he said for the millionth time.
"I love you, too," I replied softly.