Just a Game

Chapter 18

Does it come as any surprise that dancing with him started out really awkward. It was like, well, I don't really know what it was like, it was just awkward. I looked up at him and away from my feet. I know what you are thinking, but no worries I took the heels off a long time ago. "Okay, in an attempt to make this less awkward who do you think has the best dress here?" I looked around the whole room so that I would have an answer too. He was silent and I looked up at his raised eyebrow and said, "I think Alyssa's is really pretty," I paused remembering there were two Alyssa's I could think of, "Alyssa Henderson, now your turn."

He was looking around the room and then he caught sight of it, "Amber." Amber was a cheer slut who always wore clothes two sizes too small, and not to mention, I'm pretty sure her boobs are fake. Idk though. So it would come as no surprise that her dress was ultra revealing. Like a million cut outs, it wasn't much longer than her ass, very low cut and had a slit.

"Of course you'd like that, you're a guy," I mumbled.

"You don't like it," he asked as if he didn't believe it.

I laughed, "can you even consider that a dress." He just shrugged, "alright, now who looks the best over all, I may be biased, but I'm going to say Jackie."

"How is that different from best dress," he asked.

"Well, I was just commenting on the dress, now I am taking into consideration how good they look in the dress, their shoes, their jewelry, hair and makeup. Basically who's got the whole package," I said and then continued, "and I think it's Jackie."

"Why," he asked.

"Umm, because she looks amazing and her dress is unique so she kinda stands out in my mind," I said like it was a complete duh moment.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but nothing about how Jackie looks surprises me, you knew she was going to go for it. I feel like what you're talking about is someone who looks so stunning, and stands out a little extra maybe because no one ever really sees them like that," I looked at him kind of shocked.

"I guess if that's your take on best over all, then whatever," I shrugged, "but that whole speech sounded a little gay." He rolled his eyes and then I got impatient, "Okay if not Jackie than who Michelle? and please don't say Amber."

"Maybe I should just keep this one to myself," he said.

"Oh so it was Amber," I said and he shook his head no and then I thought, "oh even worse, Chelsea."

"No, eww that girl scares me," he said and I laughed, I just kinda hate her. The music stopped and the next song came on and as quickly as I could I pulled apart.

"You still have to tell me who," I said. He shook his head and I said, "it's a matter of life or death come on, why won't you tell me." I pestered him all the way back to the table and he wouldn't budge. I have no power over him what so ever, my charm is useless. "Fine, I give up," I said and I went back to dance again with my friends.

Soon enough our limo was here and we all piled in and it took us to the after party at Karren Schwartz's house. I swear Karren's house was amazing, it was huge, pool and everything. And everyone was pretty much allowed to crash there if they wanted. We walked through the door, "hey welcome," Karren said to our whole group, "by the way feel free to make as much noise as you want, my neighbors kept me up till four yesterday and it is payback time."

Michelle and I looked at each other and shrugged, then she grabbed my hand so we could change out of our dresses. How does black shorts, white t-shirt and flip flops sound. A million times better than heels.

About two hours and a drink and a half into the party, I lied down on one of the chairs by the pool. I was absolutely fine, it was odd. Mia skipped over to me and sat in the chair next to me, "I can't find anyone, there are too many people here."

"Well, you found me," I said smiling.

"Yeah, I know," she said laying down. I shrugged and took another sip and stared at it. "What's wrong, does it taste funny or something," she looked at me.

"No," I smiled taking another sip, "it looks fine, it's just last time I had one drink and I completely blacked out, I still feel okay."

"After one drink," she said shocked and held up hers, "this is my third and I'm only a little tipsy."

"Yeah, I thought I was better than one too," I said taking another sip, "this is my second."

"When was the last time, Margo's party or David's," she asked. I don't party a lot so I thought about it for a second I never even herd about David's party. How odd. I never go to Margo's parties, weird stuff happens there.

"Naw Nick's," I said.

"Oh," she said looking up in a sort of daze and then it like hit her, "oh you weren't drunk." She popped up, "I heard about that, how did you not, did no one tell you."

I kinda sat there confused listening to her ramble on until I decided to say something, "what happened Mia."

"Well Brandon told me, he's on the football team, he thought it was messed up and he is so not a Nick fan I just want you to know. God Nick is such a jerk, I can't believe no one told you, not one of you're friends or Chase or ..."

"Spit it out Mia."

"He drugged you," she said and I just sat there, "it's not the first time he's done it, happens all the time, that's why I don't go near him, he's a jerk."

"You're kidding right," I asked and she shook her head no with a blank expression on her face. "Oh my God," I yelled, "I can't believe I ever liked that guy."

"You were lucky though, Chase like saved you," she said taking another sip, "I can't believe no one told you, I wonder if your friends even know." I was angry and it probably should have been directed at Nick, but since my better sense told me not to go near him I was going to direct it at someone else.

"I'm in love with you Chase," I heard someone whine and I knew I was going the right way.

"Chelsea, you're drunk," he shrugged and she grabbed onto him and he gently laid her down in a bush and started walking to where I was. He had a smile on and then he must have noticed my expression because it quickly disappeared and he turned the other way.

"Get back here," I said turning him around, "why didn't you tell me what really happened at Nick's party."

"Keaton, would you have believed me," he said.

"Yes," I said, "and it would have saved me so much trouble, I would have never went on that date and I would have never given him that black eye."

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know how to say it," he said.

"Umm, how about, that asshole drugged you," I said, "but now I find out two months later and I could have avoided the incident where he almost ripped my arm off and then think about it, you and I never would have... well you know."

"I didn't really mind that," he smirked.

"I hate you, this is all your fault, good bye," I said and walked away.