Just a Game

Chapter 4

The next day was Friday and I was anticipating that party pretty bad. Sometimes I'm just like a little kid, I get impatient and really excited for little things and this was puppy love. It was a crush. I was on like hyperdrive during practice, my mentality was the faster I move the faster time goes. That doesn't really work out and imagine me totally fidgetting at the end when my coach, known notoriously for his long talks, was talking. "And tomorrow we have a double header, it's at two for those taking the SAT. I want everyone else to meet here at 12 so we get there on time. Those testing, just get there whenever you can."

As soon as we put all the equipment away I hopped in my car and began getting ready. Turning myself into a girl for the night was not going to be an easy task. I had it all planned out though and I had until nine when Michelle was going to pick me up. So I had a good 3 and a half hours till this moment arrived, this moment being leaving.

"Michelle's here," Danny yelled from downstairs. Danny lives on campus, but he comes home on weekends.

"One sec," I yelled grabbing a few things I might need and stuffing them into a tiny purse. I rand down the stairs ending up in front of Michelle who was wearing a black mini dress with silver cut outs. "Okay I am ready," i said.

"What the fuck are you wearing," Sean said looking over from the coach. I looked down, there was nothing wrong with it. It was white mini dress with some silver detailing on the front. I liked it.

"It's called a dress," I said making a face.

"Oh yeah," he said hittng his head, "I forgot you're a girl, sometimes I consider you another brother."

"I know the feeling, you're the sister I've always wanted," I said sticking my nose up and he hmfed before turning his attention back to whatever stupid video game he was playing. That boy needed out door activity bad.

"Don't worry," Michelle said, "we look awesome."

I smiled and shook my head, "you know it." I was honestly surprised she hadn't made a comment about me wearing flats instead of heels, she usually does. I hate heels, can't walk in them. She laughed and we hopped into her little car, I could drive myself, but I'd rather not show up to a party alone. I looked at her, "Michelle is Jake coming." She nodded and my eyes got big, "omg you're totally going to ditch me and I'm going to be a loner."

"Keaton, you'd ditch me in a second for Nick," she said raising a brow and I put on a fake offended face and then shook my head yes. I probably would. Besides Jackie and Cal will be there so you won't be a loner. We laughed and sang the rest of the way there and I was in awe at the house and the party that was already in full swing.

I'm not going to lie though, all I really remembered from that night was saying my hello's and then it's all fuzzy. I'm really bad with alcohol, my friends are suppossed to help me, but sometimes they slip up.

The next thing I really remembered was waking up with a horrible headache and staring a unfamiliar white walls. My room had beige walls, this was not my house. Michelles room had purple walls, this was nt her house. This was completely unfamiliar. I tilted my head to the side and I was in an unfamiliar bed, this didn't seem good. I lifted the sheets and I still had clothes on, thats a good start. My purse was on the table next to me I pulled out my phone and dialed it.

"Hey Keaton," came from the surprised voice of Jackie.

"Jackie," I said putting my hand on my head in pain, "I have a problem."

"What's wrong with Michelle," she asked worried.

"Nothing," I became a little more alert, "why?"

"Oh, nothing, usually you go to her with problems, unless they concern her," she said. Tat's true, Jackie was usually my second opinion, Michelle always my first opinion.

"Jackie, this is one of those times I think you could honestly help me out more than Michelle," I said lying back down.

"Really, what," she asked.

"I'm in a room I don't know, I have a huge headache, I can't remember a thing and for all I know I might be pregnant," I said getting more frantic as I went on.

"Do you still have clothes on," she asked.

"Yes, but I'm in a dress," I said.

"Oh relax, I'm sure you're over exaggerating," she said.

"Well do you remember anything," I said and too impatient for the response continued, "why did you guys let me drink, you know I can't handle it."

"I didn't think you were drinking and I was pretty smashed too," she said, "I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one who did things you may have regretted last night."

"I don't know where I am," I yelled into the phone.

"Yelling at me won't help," she yelled back. And then the door opened and I probably let out a little yell as I fell off the side of the bed half in shock of someone coming and half in fear to see who it was.

I poked my head up and leaning against the door was my worst nightmare come true. "I'll call you later Jacky," I said before turning it off. The face of terror and shock never left my face. "You, what happened, why am I, YOU," I said getting angry and then I let it fade and fell to the ground and said, "my life is over, Lord please kill me now." He walked over and looked down at me eyebrow raised and I turned over face down on the floor and said, "the shame."

"Keaton, get up nothing happened," Chase said and I turned over and sat up and just looked at him. "Do you really think I'm that type of guy," he shook his head and walked away.

"Yes, actually I do," I said getting up to follow him, I needed answers and I needed them now.

"Well I'm not," he said stopping at the doorway giving me a completely serious look.

I hopped on the bed as if it were my own, "then tell me why I'm here, what happened last night."

He looked at me for a second as if he were choosing his words. "You were really drunk, I couldn't find any of your friends and I figured you and I would both get in trouble if I took you to your house, so I took you to mine. It works out since my parents are out of town."

"How can I trust y.." I started but I think the look on his face told me that I could trust him. I looked away for a second and then realizing it was saturday I turned back real quick, "oh my God what time is it?" I grabbed my phone hoping desperately it wasn't near 12:30.

"About 12:15, maybe a minute or so after" he said.

"Shit," I said putting my hand on my head, "I have to be at school to catch the bus to the game in 15 minutes."

"I can take you," he said as more of a question.

"No," was the first thing to come out and he looked at me as if mockingly saying do you have any other choice. I shook my head, "fine." I grabbed my phone and I was ready to walk out like that thinking it would be fine, my stuff was in my sports locker. Then it hit me, "wait, I can't go like this, I can't show up in the dress I wore last night." That's embarassing.

He shrugged and just looked at me, I was in full panic mode and I think he was amused by it. "Come on," I said looking at him, "don't you have a t-shirt and some shorts I can borrow."
He opened the drawer next to his door and took out what I asked for and threw it at me. "Thanks," I said sarcastically and walked into a door in the room which I only figured was a bathroom, and it was. I changed as quickly as I could grabbed my stuff and told him to hurry up.

I didn't think school was too far from his house, I wanted to get out as quickly as possible. I didn't want anyone to see him. How on Earth did I get into this situation. "Do you need to go home," he asked.

"No," I said as he pulled out, "just get me to school and fast." I took a hair tie out of the purse I had and put my hair up real fast and then soon enough saw the school. "Okay I really owe you," I said right before I got out and I totally took off running into the locker room.

"We're leaving in one minute," our assistant coach yelled.

"I just need my stuff I'll be out in a sec," I said racing to get my stuff. I honestly don't mind changing on the bus.

"Just in time," Coach G said, she was the assistant coach and very cool.

"Missy, you have some explaining to do," Michelle said out loud as she took the seat across from me.

"Yes," Kelly said as the other three seniors on the team came over to listen.

I rose my eyebrow at ll of them as if there's no story. "Is there something going on with you and," Kelly continued she pointed with her eyes to the empty parking lot trying to emply something.

"You guys get no story," I said pointing my finger at them, "nothing happened and I don't want any rumors, got it." They all sighed and nodded and then I looked at Michelle and mouthed, "tell ya later." Then I went to the back of the bus to change. I can't handle crazy mornings like that.