Just a Game

Chapter 8

We got into my car and I started it up to leave, then he turned to me while I rose my eyebrow awaiting whatever was going to come out of his mouth. "Can you take me to Matt's house?" I looked at him some more with the same questioning expression and he returned it.

"And you think I know where Matt lives," I said with a duh expression. Really, I've probably never met this kid, I mean it's a pretty big school and Matt is a pretty common name. Probably thousands of them running around.

"It's near my house," he said and sadly I actually knew where that one was. I wish I didn't, but I did. I didn't really want to talk, instead I kind of wanted to turn up the music and tune out the thought of the devil sitting next to me. It actually almost made me a nervous driver, which I never am.

I turned the volume up and Crazy by the young Britney Spears was playing. I actually hate the radio so I just use my ipod, I have several play lists, but right now we are on 90s. I don't care if I was only like five, I will always and forever be a 90s girl. And my all time favorite band is the Backstreet Boys (not Nsync) and imagine my favorite song by my favorite band comes on, of course I'm going to sing along right. "oh my God, we're back again..."

He rose an eye at me and I made a face before saying, "what."

"Nothing, just never pegged you as a Backstreet Boys fan," he said.

"Yeah," I said smiling, "never pegged you as someone who could recognize their music." And I continued singing along with the music, I must admit I was not the best of singers, but who cared.

And then we all know you can't not sing when "I Like Big Butts" comes on, I know I am an ubber dork for putting that on my ipod, but I don't care. After a few lines he was laughing and looking at me like I was crazy.

"You know if you wanted to, you can sing along too," I said in an I know you want to voice. He shook his head and I looked at him sternly, "come on, I know you know it." He shook his head and then joined me. It got quiet towards the middle, I'm never good with middle of songs.

"Isn't it funny that neither of us knows the middle," he said.

"Shhhh," I said putting my hand out as if it would silence him, "my favorite part is coming." I paused and waited for the moment, "my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun." The eight year old me knew every word to this song and had no idea what it meant. And believe it or not we were there in minutes. It was fantastic, I got rid of him and got to go home singing all my favorite songs, that's right radio is overrated.

The next day was uneventful

Friday though, I had my date. And all though I was not supported by my friends Michelle and Kyla still came over to help me get ready. Kyla brought me some of her clothes because apparently mine aren't good enough, fair enough though. Michelle helped me pick which of my options would be the smartest choice waying who I was with.

"Are you sure you're going," Michelle said looking at the complete me.

"I think it's a little too late to back out right now, wouldn't you say," I asked the bvious question.

"No," she said, "when he comes I can answer the door and say sorry she gave you the wrong adress." She seemed excited about her plan, but I wasn't going for it. I crossed my arms and gave her a look. "Fine, but be careful," she said.

The horn honked and I jumped up in excitement and went to run down stairs. "Where are you going," Danny said looking at me funny.

"Got a date," I said smiling.

"With Nick Nasse," Michelle yelled from upstairs.

He gave me another strange look, "I dont like that guy." He was there when Nick was a freshy and you know how I said baseball team and football had a rivalry, it was going on then too. And my Brother was like the king of Baseball.

"I don't like him either," Michelle yelled down.

I crossed my arms, "well I do, so shut up both of you and be happy for me." He honked again and I jumped and smiled, "well see you later, Ill text you tonight Michelle." It was just dinner, nohing bad could happen right.

"Wow you look great," he said as I hopped into his car.

"Thanks," I said robably blushing, "sorry I took too long, you aren't a very popular person at my house right now." He gave me a questioning look, "I have brothers, protective brothers." There was lso Michelle, but why mention that.

It was a good dinner, not too nice and not too bad, but that's my only positive comment on the date. It was aweful, I don't really like him, I mean he's cute, but really boring. We have nothing in common and he said several insulting things throughout the date, probably with out meaning to. I was completely relieved when the check came and I was finally able to leave. It's absolute agony.

"So how'd you like it," he asked as we walked out to the car.

I tried to act polite, "it was good," but my smile was so fake. And then out of nowhere, I'm going to use what Michelle called it, I was tongue raped. I think that tells you what happens really clearly. I pushed my self away from him and gasped for breath. "What the fuck was that," I said. I don't usually use foul language so this was pretty bad. He was smiling like I don't even know what, it was like an evil grin or smirk. "I don't know why you're so happy, I'm trying to resist the urge to vomit," I said.

"Come on," he said putting an arm around me, "let's just finish this date in the car."

"What does that even mean," I said and by now I'm just blurting out whatever is in my head, "you know what, I pass, I'm going to walk, thank you very much." My hand gestures were now in act too and I waved my hand as I turned around like I am totally done with this. Goodbye.

"What happened," he said, "you were totally into me at the party." He grabbed a hold of my waist and I just pushed myself away from him. It's funny how in an instant my entire view point changed.

"I must have been on something," I said struggling, "because there is no way in hell I'd be interested in you with any sense of sanity in my head." He kept trying to grab onto me and I'm not weak, I can get away from him easily. "I think you underestimated who you were dealing with," I said waving my finger. Okay now I was just being stupid and he was getting angry. I don't think this has ever happened to him before. He slapped me in the face, fair enough now it's serious and it's time to run away.

He grabbed my wrist tightly, "your little friend isn't here to help you now." This is what mde me angry, thinking I need help.

"I don't need help," I said leaning bck and then forward with my fist. Every girl should know how to throw a punch and that is how you make your great escape. I'm like Houdini, except I'm not dead. I ran back into the restraunt and watched him angrily drive off, thats right. After a while I decided to start my walk home and I had to think about how to tell my friends what happened with out giving off all these fantastic details. What happened only proves me wrong and we can't have Michelle thinking that.