Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Thirteen

I'd be lying if I said Dane agreeing to come over was a surprise. Because in all honesty I was flabbergasted. In the short time I had known Dane, I knew going over to people houses was something he'd never really do. Dane's just not the type of person who enjoyed social interaction. When ever we'd sit at the table in the cafe, it was really only me babbling on and trying my best to get some response out of him. I didn't even expect to progress so quickly. One day he's so silent and the next after I try scolding him about his health, he talks.

I rubbed head and turned off the stove in front of me. The small elbow noodles calmed in the pot before me and I reached for the handles, hissing when I was burned.

"Idiot" I muttered to myself as I grabbed the oven mitts from a drawer to my right and slipped them on. I successfully grabbed the pot and carried it over to the sink, gently pouring the noodles in a strainer.

"Can I have something to drink?" Dane's quiet voice rang through the air. "Um yeah, check the fridge" I told him over my shoulder. I set the pot back on the stove and then shook the strainer, trying to get most of the water out. I poured the noodles back into the pot and carelessly pushed the strainer into the sink. I held a wooden spoon in my right hand and stirred the noodles while my left hand poured milk, butter and cheese powder into the mix.

"So, I'm sorry about only having the Mac & Cheese. I could have sworn I had fish sticks but I guess I was mistaken" I apologized to the shorter boy as I served said pasta into bowls. Dane just shook his head, "It's okay."

I grabbed the bowls and headed over to the small table in the corner of the kitchen. We both sat down and Dane passed me a Dr. Pepper he had gotten from the fridge, already taking a swig of his own. I began eating my food, too hungry to notice Dane just sitting there and staring at his food.

Though his eyes were looking down in front of him, his mind seemed somewhere far off. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his head. Or even if I truly knew who the real Dane was. From what he's done, from how he acts and how he is, I can't help but feel that there's something deep and dark inside of him.

Dane doesn't seem alright, but I want to find out what it is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited January 25, 2014


Thanks for commenting:
Ace Lightning., OneNightStand[x2], AshlynnLyrix


Oh oh! You guys should totally check out my favorite story right now, it's called Seasons of Love

Comment And Subscribe!