Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Nineteen

I huffed as I slowly ate my sandwhich. I nudged Dane's side and he woke up, his eyes looking around the room and then at me.

"Eat" I commanded, my mouth full. Dane rolled his eyes and ate his grilled cheese quickly.

"Thanks" he said quietly as he leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes. I turned on the television, watching some random show as I finished eating. Dane was already back to sleep but his body kept twitching.

"Stop twitching" I said as I punched his shoulder. Dane hissed and glared at me. He slipped back into slumber once again but continued twitching. Though I tried ignoring Dane's movements, I couldn't. After twenty more minutes of Dane's restlessness I decided to do something spontaneous for once. It was hard not to with him being so cute.

I scooted closer to him on the couch and wrapped my arm around his neck, pulling him towards my chest. Dane gasped sharply, his whole body growing rigid.

"You won't stop twitching" I mumbled, still staring at the TV. Dane just buried his head my shirt and slowly let himself relax, slipping into sleep once again. This time, he didn't twitch.

&

"I don't know!" I growled, laying my head on the counter of the cafe. Enrique sat on the counter and swung his feet.

"What do you mean, you don't know Arson?" He asked. I just shrugged my shoulders.

I want to get to know Dane, I want to help him. I just don't know how to break the ice. Sure we've hung out a couple times but he doesn't talk much. He just sits there, or he falls asleep. It may be pointless to hang out with him if that's all he does but I don't want to push him and I just don't have the heart to wake him up when he's asleep.

It breaks my heart to always watch the boy walk through the door with bags under his eyes and his skin looking so pale. Dane's a porcelain doll I'm afraid to break.

'I don't how to get close to him" I sighed.

Enrique huffed and flicked my nose, "Just go to the arcade to loosen him up to start off wit." I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" He asked.

"You're a genius." I told him.

Enrique smirked and nodded his head, "I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited January 25, 2014


Thank you for commenting!
IComeAliveAtNight, border collie, Ace Lightning., AshlynnLyrix, BleedingHearts

Yesterday was my birthday. And I loved it. :)

Comment and Subscribe