Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Twenty-One

"Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends. Mm, I get high with a little help from friends. Oh, gonna try with a little help from my friends" I sang under my breath, placing the snacks and drinks onto a tray. I picked up the tray skillfully with my left hand and placed it on my shoulder for support.

"Excuse me" I tapped Katie's shoulder. She pressed herself against the counter, allowing me to walk past her and out into the dining area of the cafe. I glided over to a table and placed down half of the drinks there, repeating the order to see if I had gotten everything right. The group of girls nodded their heads and winked at me. I just rolled my eyes and turned around, placing the rest of the food and beverages on my tray to a group of college boys, engrossed in a conversation about soccer.

I waved my hand in front of them, getting their attention and then pointing behind me. I walked back to my place behind the counter and watched with Katie as the two groups mixed together.

"Cupid is working today" She laughed, bumping my hip with hers. I just smiled and nodded my head, looking at the clock.

Dane was suppose to be here any minute now.

As if on cue, the bell over the door jingled and in came the familiar boy. I took off my apron and threw it into one of the empty cabinets under the counter and skipped over to the display case, taking out one of the chocolate lava cakes and making my way over to Dane. I placed it in front of him and sat across from him.

"Surprise!" I smiled. Dane returned a grin, grabbing one of the forks at the end of the table and taking a piece of the cake. While he consumed the sweet I took the opportunity to study him.

We've been hanging out a lot lately, it's been three weeks since I invited him out to the arcade. He looks better, not normal but better. The bags under his eyes are not as noticeable and his skin has reduced from a chalky white, to beautiful ivory color. I feel very accomplished. I mean who wouldn't?

"So hows you're day going?" I asked, leaning back in my chair. Dane just nodded his head, pointing to his filled mouth and putting up one finger, telling me to give him a moment. I chuckled and just shook my head at him.

"It's pretty okay" He said, taking another bite of the cake.

"That's good" I thought out loud. Dane just nodded his head.

That's really good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited January 25, 2014