Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Two

".. and what if you get seriously ill and can't stand up? What will you do then?" I reasoned, balling my hands into fists under the table. Dane remained silent across from me, dressed in a dark green v-neck with a brown beanie on. I sighed.

"And your not even paying attention! Dane, this is a serious topic" I said lowly, hoping to get some a response. And sound of confirmation would be fine but he just sat there. Dane had his eyes fixed on the table, his right hand wrapped tightly around his cup of water.

Dane looked up and titled his head, "I'm sorry did you say something?"

I just shook my head and leaned back in my chair in disbelief. Dane glanced out the window. I haven't known the boy across from me for long, but I knew that he was often troubled. And by the bags under his eyes, oily hair, he's been troubled a lot lately.

"Dane" I called sternly, causing him to look at me. I glanced down at the cheap Iron Man watch around my wrist and slowly began to stand up.

"Look go sleep in the employees lounge, alright? You look like you can use it." I told him while I grabbed our used dishes.

Dane just chuckled dryly. "You think I sleep?"

I growled, god how could he not have any self respect.

"Dane. Get. You. Ass. To. The. Back. Room. Now" I commanded him, his green eyes penetrating my own. We had a starring contest for a couple of seconds until Dane nodded his head reluctantly. I grinned and he reluctantly followed me to the employee's lounge.

Dane followed me behind the counter where I dropped the dishes in the sink. A couple of my co-works nodded their heads at him. Dane just continued walking, not even looking at them in response. Enrique suddenly popped up in front of us, bold rainbow bow placed in his hair. I rolled my eyes at his obnoxious homosexual tendencies.

"Is there room for one more?" He teased, raising his eyebrows suggestively I rolled my eyes at him.

"Go sleep with your boyfriend Enrique" I told him as I pushed Dane around the feminine guy and to the door in the back. I then opened the door and waited for him to go inside.

"Larson?" Dane asked, stopping in his tracks and looking at my shoulder. He titled his head to the side. I hummed in response. "Why do you care so much?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"Because bad things happen when people to look out for others" I whispered but he rolled his eyes.

"You don't have to" He spoke. I just shoved him into the room and closed the door.

If I don't, who will?
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited, January 24, 2014


Thank you for the comments:
AshlynnLyrix, babygirl1312, Skwahdala

Comment And Subscribe