Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Thirty-Four

"I'll be right back" I whisper into his ear. My arms wrap around his small frame and I press a kiss to his temple. Dane just nods his head at me, shaky hands placing plastic cups onto the counter. I make a small promise to myself to return quickly.

Then I let him go, and head over to James in the living room. I maneuver between his family member's and friends until I spot him at the bottom of the stairs, an arm wrapped around Enrique. Jude is standing next to to them, with his own arm wrapped around a boy with blonde, curly hair.

Enrique notices me making my way towards them and cheers my name.

"Arson! You made it? Where is he?" he asks, referring to Dane.

"He's in the kitchen, he's not use to all these people" I reply and give James a man hug. I shake Jude's hand. He introduces me to the boy in his arms, Julian. We make small talk for a few moments before Julian excuses him self to get a glass of water and I excuse myself to use the restroom like I had intended.

~

When I walk down the stairs I can hear someone yelling and I notice that everyone is crowded around the front door. At first I think maybe they're all watching someone who's drunk being stupid but then I hear someone say Dane's name. The crowd disperses and an angry man breaks through the crowd, followed by a teenager. Everyone rushes inside of the house but I can't stop myself from heading out.

Then I find Dane, on his hands and knees. His clothes are messy.

I don't know what the hell has exactly happened but the moment he looks up at me. . .

His baby face is bruised, his lip is busted open and blood is streaming down his nose. There's this look in his eyes, sadder than the looks he use to give me in the café. His eyes are so sad, so defeated.

I want to ask him what happened, but then he jumps to his feet and bolts. And no matter how many times I shout his name, he doesn't look back.

Then a bad feeling begins to pool into my stomach.

I rush back into the house and I can see anger and shock written on people's faces.

"How did he get here?"

"Who invited him?"

"Was he really stupid enough to show his face here?"


When I step into the kitchen I see Julian on the floor in tears, Jude and James are beside him, along with the man and teenager from before. Enrique leans against the counter, his head in his hands.

"I'm so sorry, I really didn't know" he whispers.

"I want to go home Jude, please take me home" Julian whimpers and Jude pulls him closer.

"What happened?" I ask, completely shocked at how everything has changed.

"Where'd he go Larson" James asks me, his eyes are narrowed and the man and teenager, they all share resemblance. So I assume they're all related.

"He ran, but he's really hu--"

"Serves that bitch right" the teenager hisses. Julian releases another fit of sobs.

"Larson, just go home" Jude pleads and when I look at all of them, they have the same expression across their faces.

I just head out and to my car.

I turn it on and I drive,

I drive to Dane's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you: echo_laughing, Escape. My. Fate.