Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Six

I sighed and leaned back into the seat of my car. My fingers turned the key and turned on the engine, waiting in the parking lot for Enrique. The sun lit up the the gray sidewalk, making my eyes hurt from the brightness. I huffed and reached for the glove compartment for a pair of sunglasses. Enrique came out of the cafe skipping with his back pack on his shoulders and roller skates in his hands. What a fucking fairy.

"Thank you so much, Arson!" He sang as he made his way to the passenger side and practically jumped in. I furrowed my eyebrows at the nickname he had given me.

"Shut up, you fucking Quesadilla" I hissed at him. Enrique just giggled and took out his phone, texting away on it.

Every day after work Enrique always bugged me to give him a ride to his boyfriend's work place. Enrique didn't have his own car and skated everywhere but he was always complained to me how sore he was. And my dirty mind can't help but assume the soreness is from his boyfriend. . .

"Gosh Lars! Are you cranky cause you're little Danny-Cakes walked out on you?" He asked, plugging his I-pod to the stereo. I flinched when a song by Blood On The Dance Floor began to play. I ignored Enrique's question and pulled out of the parking lot and onto the streets. I stopped at a red light and looked beside me only to be met with two boys wearing baggy shirts and baseball caps laughing in a Mustang. I shook my head and clenched my teeth.

"You fucking Fairy!" I yelled and slapped the I=pod, surprised when it changed to Tilting The Hourglass by Alesana. Enrique began dancing, head banging and swaying in his seat. I rolled my eyes and drove forward when the light switched green.

"How can you're boyfriend stand you?" I wondered out loud. Enrique just shrugged, "Take a left right here, he works at the Pet shop."

I followed his directions and pulled into a small shopping center, I parked near the Pet Store Enrique had talked about and I turned off the engine. I slid out of the car while the boy beside me jumped out and grabbed his stuff then ran into the store. I rolled my eyes. I locked the car doors and then headed into the store.

I'm not going to lie, I was surprised at the person I saw standing behind the counter with their arm wrapped around Enrique's waist. I had never ever met Enrique's boyfriend and judging by how my co-worker dressed and acted I had expected his lover to be short and wearing just as much if not even more rainbow colors than Enrique. So, as you can imagine, I was very shocked to find a tall lanky boy with wild red hair who wore black skinny jeans and a gray sweater. He boy looked like someone I would actually be able to stand and have decent conversation with.

"Hello" He greet, nodding his head at my and then turning his attention back to Enrique who had gone from being loud and blunt to completely shy and quiet. I just nodded my head and walked over to a small pen in the center of the store with three puppies laying down in it. I gently ran my hand over one of their heads and it quickly jumped up and began licking at my hand. I felt eyes on me and I looked up, seeing Enrique and his boyfriend standing there.

"You can pick her up" The guy said and I grinned and scooped the puppy into my arms, cradling her to my chest.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! James this is my co-worker Larson and Larson this is my boy-friend James!" Enrique gasped and face palmed himself. James just chuckled and kissed Enrique's head.

"So your the famous Larson who's obsessing over, as Pop Tart right here calls him, Danny-Cakes?" James asked, referring to Enrique has pop tart. I shrugged and nodded my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited January 25, 2014


Comment And Subscribe