Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 25 Mentee's. Yea?

The Next Morning

Scout's POV

I woke up early and walked down to our common room. I flipped the TV on and turned it to sports center.

They had news about the Crimson Tide so I watched it intensly, paying attention to every detail.

"Good mornin Scout." I heard Jake say.

"Mornin." I said.

He ploped down on the couch next to me, grabbed the remote and started to look for another channel.

I pulled my pistol out and without looking at him said, "you change the channel and I will pull this trigger."

He put the remote down, and scooted away from me.

"That's what I thought." I said

Shortly after that Isaiah and Ichabod came downstairs. They sat down on the couch on each side of me. I finished watching what I wanted to watch then suggested we go get breakfast.

They nodded and went upstairs to get dressed. We could wear normal clothes (for as long as it falls within the dress code) when ever we wanted since we had finished basic training.

We walked downstairs joking and laughing. When we got there I grabbed some eggs, bacon, and toast.

I walked over and sat at an empty table, saving some seats for the guys.

As I sat down I felt someones hand run over my back. I ignored it thinking someone had touched me on accident.

Then I heard someone sit down next to me.

"Ah, who do we have here? A pretty woman? Ripe for the picking? Yes indeed." Some guy said.

I turned my head and looked at the guy. He had short black hair with small brown beady eyes that looked almost black. He looked tall sitting down but I wasn't sure. He was only a trainee as he still wore the training uniform I had once been confined to.

"Forgive me my name is Matthew Shipage and you would be?" He asked.

"None of your business." I replied.

"A true southern belle by any means. But it is my business Scout." He said grabbing my arm.

I tried to pull away but he held me fast.

"How the hell do you know my name?" I asked.

"I know everything about you Scout. Now you are going to come with me and we are going to have a talk, and some other things." He said with a creepy smile.

I pulled my pistol out and pointed it at him.

"Like hell I am." I said bluntly.

"Ha ha." He laughed.

"There a problem here?" I heard Isaiah say.

"No problem, now leave." Matthew said.

"Uhhh, no. Scout would be my girl, now bugger off perv." He said sitting down next to me and wrapping his arm around me. I blushed slightly.

Matt got up and gave a death stare to Isaiah. Then walked off.

Isaiah put his arm down and looked at me.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"I really have no idea." I responded.

We sat there in silence before some small chattering began.

Then Erik walked up to our table.

"You four, Mr. Holmes needs to see you." He said.

We threw the rest of our food away, and stacked the trays and dishes in the wash area. Then we headed to Mr. Holmes's office.

When we got there Mr. Holmes smiled at us.

"Well, we got a fun bit for you bright young pupils. Mentoring!" He said rather cheerfully.

He then handed us each a folder.

"This is your trainee. You will mentor them until they are one hundred percent ready. Then they will join their own teams. You will mentor them to the best of your ability. If you should fail you will receive one month suspension without pay." Mr. Holmes continued on.
"Wait, we're getting paid?" Jake asked.

"Yes, it is being transfered into a seceret bank account. Weren't you informed of this?" He asked.

"Uh, no. You were to busy hitting me on the head with a club and giving me a bad hair job." Isaiah snapped.

"I chose y'all's hair." I said.

Isaiah put his hands in his head in shame.

"Well then get to it."Mr. Holmes finished.

We all left to go to the training area. I hoped my mentee wouldn't be that hard to train.