Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 31 all hell breaks loose

Isaiah's POV

We crept along, I had a death grip on my rifle. I wasn't worried about gas because the lab geeks had made each of us special suits and one of the features was a button that would activate a built in gas mask. But that was only one of the tricks that monster house held. There were many others, making it impossible to determine what would strike from the shadows next.

I led the way, JD was behind me. We each had groups in case we were seperated we had a buddy. It was JD and I, and the remaining three were all together in a big group.

I looked left checking down the hallway, then we turned into it. We walked slowly and carefully making sure we did not disturb a single thing.

The sounds of screeching and yelling filled the air, we ducked behind some pillars and various pieces of rubble. A bunch of heretics screamed and roared running down the hallway ahead of us.

It took at least 15 minutes for the herd to thin away to nothing. I was nervous for every second of it.

When the last one ran across we got up and checked to make sure that no more were coming through.

We heard a loud roar from behind us. I turned around to see three tentacles smash through a door and grab JD, Scout, and I. I dropped my gun as it wisked me away. I could do only one thing......scream.

Ichabod's POV

We stopped for a few minutes and I pulled two pictures out from one of my suits pockets. One of them was a picture of the four of us with all our mentee's. The other one was of Mary Bell and I. We had been dating for a month, I think I was in love with her.

The picture was the two of us in a bar the day before we had deployed. The two of us were hugging each other. I flipped it to the back where she had wrote something, she had told me to wait until we had deployed to read it. It said, my heart is yours forever Ichabod. Use this picture whenever you are homesick to remind yourself how much I love you. I smiled and tucked the two pictures back into my pocket.

After that we had to continue deeper and deeper into the monster house.

Within ten minutes we heard the wild heratic scream. Turning around a whole mob was running towards us.

I did the only rational thing, I aimed my rifle, and pulled the trigger.