Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 34 Hope Lost

Ichabod's POV

We had managed to fight off two waves of heretics and we were running through the halls like madmen, trying to dodge as much as we could.

We had slowed to a walk. Glancing behind us ocassionally to make sure we were not being followed. For the time being we were scot free.

We kept walking, our one goal was to find the leader and put a bullet through their head. We kept going and going.

Jake's POV

Three of them gone in a flash of an eye, just gone. It was down to Watson, Holden, and I to finish the job.

We kept going until we walked into a room. Oddly enough there was a giant t.v. screen in the middle of the room.

It flickered on and on came some clown.

"I'm gonna make this short and to the point fella's. Up ahead there are two doors, the one of the left leads right to me, the one on your right leads to your little friends. Make the discision and let the fun begin."

He disappeared as quickly as he appeared. I did the logical thing, I ran to the right. Ignoring Watson's and Holden's commands for me to come back, the door slammed shut behind me. I kept running forward trying to get to them. I had to.

Scout's POV

I kept walking, I had been attacked by a few heretics but nothing much.

I was trying to make my way through when an archon came barging through the door.

I looked at this thing, it looked like a heretic on a mix of meth, crack, and steriods. It was ten times bigger than the average heretic and this one carried a hammer.

It charged me and swung the hammer, I managed to avoid making it hit my arm, but it swung and hit me full on on the right side of my ribs.

I heard something crack and I fell over in pain. I could barely breath, I knew that this was probably the end. But I tried to raise my pistol with my left arm. I fired a few rounds for them to become hopelessly embedded into its skin.

I knew then it was hopeless. I put my pistol down and watched in horror as the hammer was about to fall.