Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 35 Scarecrow

Scout's POV

The hammer began to fall when out of nowhere a large grey mass hit the side of it and knocked it over.

I looked at it. It was a dog? What was a dog doing this deep in a monster house?

It reared up and snapped at the archon, striking then retreating, dancing all around until it charged and tore the throat of the archon out.

It looked at me black blood dripping from its teeth. It was a siberan husky, and this one was bred for fighting. It had white and black fur, with one brown eye and one blue eye.

It walked over to me, I was slightly scared. I grabbed my pistol just in case. I was a few inches from my face, when it started licking me.

I started to rub it behind the ears as best I could. It liked that cause its tail started wagging. I looked for a tag or something, when I couldn't find one I decided to give it a name.

"How about Dogmeat boy? You like that?"

He started wagging his tail and nudged me. I winced in pain when he hit my ribs. He knew the I was injured so he curled up next to me and kept watch for any intruders.

He allowed me to put my head on his body as a sort of pillow. I laid my head back and tried to sleep.

Jake's POV

I ran through the halls. I kept going, I killed anything that opposed me without mercy or hesitation.

I had to save my friends, they were the closest thing to a family I had left. After the accident, the terrible accident.
I shrugged the thought off, and continued my marathon through the hall, though it started to look more like hospital wings than a house.

I rushed through some more doors. Then I open yet anothe set of doors, though this hallway was different. In the middle of the room there was a pile of gray fur, and a blond head on top of it.

"Scout?"

Scout's POV

I had woken up, my ribcage felt like it was on fire. Even shallow breathes stung hurt me greatly. Dogmeat whimpered as I winced in pain.

I rubbed his head with my left arm, as I could still use that fairly well.

I heard footsteps running down the hall, I knew I saw pretty much done for.

The doors slammed open. I prepared myself for the end.

"Scout?" A familar voice asked.
"Jake?"

He walked over and kneeled down next to me.

"You okay?"

I shook my head no.

"My ribs are probably broken."
"We gotta find JD. He will probably know what to do. You think you can walk?"

I nodded yes and he helped me to my feet. It was a painful ordeal, but nonetheless I managed to get onto my feet. I felt Dogmeat's fur skim across my leg.

"Where did you find that mutt?" Jake asked me.

"He found me, and Dogmeat is not a mutt. He saved my life." I told him.

Jake rolled his eyes and helped me down the hallway. We took it step by painful step.

The sound of screaming filled the air, and we headed in that direction.

Finding and opening the doors where the screaming had orginated from. We peeked in, and strapped to a table was JD. His eyes were open wide and he was trashing around like he was in some unforseen horror.

Foolishly we ran into the room to help him. As we walked in someone stuck something in my side. I let out a small cry of pain as it was stcuk into the left side. I heard a hiss as if a cylinder was emptyed into me.

I looked around to see Scarecrow standing right there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this chapter is bad. I had a really rough weekend.