Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 36 Broken Ribs

Jakes POV

I heard Scout cry out and Dogmeat start to growl. She started to wiggle so much she dropped out of my arms. She hit the floor and I heard something crack.

Scout clutched her chest and screamed in horror. Scarecrow charged at me, his needled glove hand realed back to strike. I managed to grab behind hid wrists and crush them.

He screamed in pain as I slowly turned his hand around.

"No! No! Don't! I'll do anything!" He yelled at me.

"Give them the antidote. Now." I told him barely above a whipser.

Suddenly the yellow cartridges turned blue with my gun he enjected them both and they stopped screaming.

He looked at me and suddenly the cartridges turned yellow again. He charged me again andi grabbed his wrists and enjected him with his own concotion.

He fell to the floor screaming. I unbuckled his glove and threw it into the backpack that I had. I unstrapped JD.

"Thanks pal." He told me.

"We can talk later you need to look at Scout."

I picked Scout up and put her on the table, JD told me to look around the room for bandages, morphine and a few other things.

Since we were in a room luckly filled to the brim with hospital supplies. I managed to grab everything he asked for.

"Now Scout, here is what's going to happen, you're rib cage is probably broken. Now I can fix it so you can walk better, and you can get up and down, but there is no telling if they are going to have to rebreak your ribs or not. I also am going to have to pull your shirt up. Do you need Jake to turn around?"

She shook her head no. And I held her hand. JD got a bunch of gauze.

"Okay Scout, this is going to be pretty painful, but bite down on this so you don't bite your tounge in half."

She opened her mouth and bit down on it. She sat up straight and JD slowly worked her shirt off, and then her bra. JD obviously went into professional mode cause he injeced her with morphine, I just stood there staring. Hey I'm just a guy, forgive me.

He pushed and prodded trying to align the bones back as the best he could. During this time Scouts grip on my hand grew tighter and tighter until I though I stuck my hand in a vice grip. Then when he was done he started to wrap it in tape, he wrapped it around her good and tight. Then that was followed by bandages. After that he quickly admired his handiwork.

"That's the best I can do with what we have."

"I know JD I couldn't picture you doing a poor job with the best materials." Scout told him.

His head started to turn. I could tell he was about to start day dreaming. When I snapped his fingers and brought him back to attention.

"We gotta go." I said.

The three of us walked out and tried to find Isaiah.