Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

cChapter 43 Three Weeks Later

Three weeks later

Ichabod's POV

I woke up in a cold sweat. I had had one of my famous re-occurring nightmares. I put my head in my hands and sighed softly. I felt Mary Bell shift around, I looked over, she was still asleep. I laid back down onto the bed and tried to go to sleep.

"Nightmares again?" I heard Mary Bell ask.

Damn I thought I was in the clear. I rolled over so I could look at her. I could see her intense beauty even in the pitch black dark.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"You should go to a doctor, or a psychologist. This is getting worse and worse for you."

"You're my doctor Mary Bell. I don't need anyone but you." I said while beginning to kiss her.

She giggled and began to kiss back. I knew where this part of the night was headed.

Jake's POV

I sat at a table in the cafeteria, sipping on a Mountain Dew I had bought from a vending machine. The cool green liquid slid easily down my throat. I looked at my watch, it was one in the morning.

I felt lonely all the time now. Yeah Isaiah, Scout, J.D., and Ichabod still hung out but not very often. Ichabod had gotten into a serious relationship with that girl Mary Bell, which often used up a lot of his time. Isaiah and Scout had hit it off and Isaiah spent most of the time help Scout out since she broke her ribs, and J.D. had met some girl named Elliot Reed and they were spending a ton of time together.

I slicked my hair back with both of my hands and let it fall back into place. I put my head on the table and just laid there. Letting the time tick slowly by.

Isaiah's POV

I had my arm wrapped around Scout. I was careful not to bump her bandaged ribs. She had been through two massive surgeries to realign her ribs and even though she had been discharged from the hospital she was assigned to bed rest for another 2 weeks and wasn't allowed on missions for another month. I could tell she hated being confined to the bed because every time anyone goes to check on her she was trying to get out of it.

I do not know why I woke up, only that I did. I lay awake just holding Scout who was pressed up against my chest acting like I could shield the world away from her. I heard my pager go off and I groaned. I rolled over and slid my arm carefully off of Scout. I quickly dressed and quietly slipped out of the room.

Jake's POV

I stood in Mr. Holmes office with J.D. and Ichabod. We were waiting for Isaiah to arrive so we could be briefed on our new mission.

"Holmes, why couldn't this wait until a more reasonable hour? Like 6:30?" I asked.

"Because Jake, where you're going its already eight thirty. So people have been up and about for a few hours making crucial discisons that could either end the war." Mr. Holmes said in his English accent that at this moment I found extremely annoying.

Isaiah came walking in right after Mr. Holmes had finished talking. He invited us to take a seat in on of the chairs and we did so.

Our mission as he explained pretty much came down to protecting some girl. Here is the situation. When the war broke out and evil was conquering so many territories and many countries were forced to chose sides. Some remained neutral. Many fell or found themselves joining sides within months. One did not, the countries of Russia, Poland, Mongolia and the Ukraine all came together to make a country called Alenstien. Alenstien after years and years of negotiations wants to join our side, the forces of good. But to make this happen there is one little thing that needs to be taken care of. Apparently the daughter of the president has been threatened. Which makes him very worried about her well being, which means he is not doing his job to the best of his ability, that's where the four of us come in. We have to babysit this kid until they sign their loyalty over to us and their president and his family can be moved to a safer location.

"Ugh, when do we deploy?" I asked.

"In 20 minutes."