Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 44

Aleinstien
Russian District Moscow
Jake's POV

We pulled up to the front of the Kremlin. Yeah the Kremlin, the old Russian capital building, the one that looks like its made of candy. Waiting outside where Russian Spetnaz, I officially knew then that things had gotten serious when they showed up. They looked at us with cold hard stares before two of them escorted us into the Kremlin. They forced us to hand over all of our weapons even our pistols which made me feel naked.

After being searched in every way possible we were marched to President Leonard Prestrokia's office. I gazed in wonder at all of the rich history the Kremlin held. We finally arrived and they opened the door for us. The president was sitting behind an oak desk talking to a woman whose face I couldn't see because she was facing the other direction.

"Ah, boys welcome!" He said.

Leonard Prestrokia was a largely built man of about fifty. He had the wizened old grandfather look which made me think he was Santa Clause during the Christmas holidays. He was balding but his brown eyes still sparkled with wonder and charisma.

"So boys nice to meet you! This is my daughter Katrina. She is the one I want you to watch."

The woman in the chair stood up, and when I saw her I was spellbound. She had long flowing black hair that she had braided. Her eyes were icy blue yet there was a strange fire in them. She was beautiful, so beautiful that super models would be forced to turn to look at her. She looked to be about five foot four with a lean skinny body.

"Gentlemen it is a pleasure to meet you." She said in an understandable Russian accent.

We introduced ourselves and were invited to sit down. We went over details and we got permission to carry around guns in restricted areas. Our jobs went as followed, I was her main bodyguard who's cover would be her boyfriend, Isaiah was in charge of all public situations, and events that she would be involved with her, Ichabod was to help me with anything I needed but really was there for backup, and J.D. was her personal medic should she be wounded while out in public.

A huge explosion shook everyone in the Kermlin. I was thrown to the floor with a bang. Isaiah looked out the window and suddenly held a panicked expression.

"Oh Jesus, Heretics! Their everywhere!" He yelled.

"I knew this day would come." Leonard said.

He took off a picture to reveal a big safe. He punched in the combination and opened the safe. He pulled out four AK-47's and threw one to each of us plus two clips of ammo.

"My daughter is no longer safe here. Get her out of the country. My associates will contact you when it safe for her to come back."

He pressed another button and a door slid open, leading to a secret passageway. He quickly threw us all in there and shoved the door closed.

"Papa!" Katrina yelled.

The door closed with a click. It was pitch black. I felt around my rifle to see if they had attached a flashlight. They had and I clicked it on lighting the tunnel up.

"Well let's get going." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
The upcoming chapters will be mostly in Jake's POV. Thanks to all my subscribers and commenters