Behind the Mask

Thee Book.

Image

Chapter Three

“Listen, Nick.... your a sweet guy and you shouldn't listen to Joe, he just doesn't understand” Isabella told him.

“And you do?”

“I'll try to.”

“You wouldn't understand.... I don't want to look stupid... I... I can't stand the thought of doing something and people start laughing at me or even worse.. I don't know how I ever handle myself on stage.”

“Your amazing on stage, Nick... you light up the room.”

“Joe's the one who does that” Nick sighed.

“No, what about your solo tour? That was one of the best tours yet.”

“Your just saying that....”

“No, Nicky, you were amazing.... your always amazing no matter what you do.”

He looked up at her and his brownie brown eyes and her deep brown eyes locked, for a few seconds they just stood there, looking into each others eyes, till Isabelle tore away from his gaze, looking down at her black high-heeled shoes.

“We should go find Joe....” she trailed off. And that they did, but when they got to the table Isabella had ordered him to stay at he was no where to be seen.

“Where did he go?” Nick asked, Isabella just shrugged.

He felt light as a feather, like he was on a could as they danced, swaying back and forth, their bodies close. The feelings weren’t just one sided anymore, as minutes turned to hours she was warming up to him too, at fist she was shy and didn't talk much but now she spoke like he was her best friend. And he felt like he had known her for years, yet he didn't even know her name. You would think that would be the first thing he would have asked, but he was way to high off her sweet smell and beautiful eyes to do much reasonable thinking.

They walked out into the garden, there was a water fountain and they walked over to it and sat down on the stone base.

“I'm kinda glad my sister dragged me to this party now:” the girl smiled over at Joe, he blushed slightly... he never blushes.

“Me too” Joe chuckled. A comfortable silence fell over them. It must have been nearing midnight, they had after all spent hours talking, dancing and getting to know each other. Joe didn't want the night to end, he wanted to stay in this dream forever.

“Dance with me again” he suddenly stated.

“But there’s no music....” she trailed off.

“Who needs music?” he stood up and took her hand, she fallowed him away from the stone, he placed his hands on her hips and pulled her close to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck and they swayed back and forth.

“This is the best party I've ever been to” Joe mumbled in her ear, she backed up a bit and looked at him, he felt the same thing he had been feeling for hours now, like knives were stabbing him in the chest.

“Why?” her sweet voice asked.

“Because your here...” he trailed off. Their eyes locked, her eyes were sparkling with gold speaks as he stare into them, he suddenly found himself edging closer to her, closer ans closer, he didn't even try to stop himself it felt so right. She realized what was happening and placed her hands on his upper shoulders half heartily trying to push him away.

“But I don't even know you....” she trailed off, her voice barely above a whisper, the draw of Joe's lips was almost to strong.

“That's what makes it so much fun” he breathed out, he finally pressed his lips to hers, Fireworks went off in his head, lighting struck, the mighty ocean waves crashed onto the sandy shore. He didn't know how someone could feel so many things in just a little kiss, he also had no idea you could feel so much passion for someone you only knew a few hours. None the less he did, and the kiss got deeper and her hands went to his hair, playing with it and her head fell to the side, he placed his one hand on the back of her neck, pulling her even closer to him, his other staying on her hip.

Suddenly a buzzing sound made her pull away, she looked worried as she pushed him away and picked up her purse that matched with her long dress, she opened it and pulled out her copy of Romeo and Juliet placing it under her arm, she then pulled out her cell phone that was beeping annoyingly, she hit a few buttons frowning down at the device.

“My sister had a fight with Steve.... the La boyfriend, she wants to leave.”

“I don't want you to leave yet” Joe told her, touching her arm softly.

“I don't want to leave, but...” just then the phone beeped again, she hit more buttons and gasped. “I really gotta go, it was nice meeting you.”

Then she ran for the stairs, leading back to the party. He couldn't let her leave, not yet, he didn't even know her name.

“Wait” he yelled after her, running as fast as he could. She had now hiked up her dress, showing off her perfect legs and pulled off her high-heels so she could run faster. “Wait.... wait.”

He was frenetically trying to catch up with her, she had despaired behind the doors he burst through them and saw a sea of people, laughing, dancing and talking. He couldn't see her anywhere, he felt like he wanted to cry, she was gone, gone and he didn't even know her name. He walked forward again, walking slow now, he felt like he just woken up from a nightmare, but this night was far from horrifying, he walked through groups of people all close together dancing, suddenly he tripped over something, making him latch onto some random mans shirt, the guy looked at him with a rude look

“Sorry” Joe muttered, looking down to see what he had tripped over, he saw a book... Romeo and Juliet, his hear jumped as he picked it up. He flipped open the cover and right at the top of the cover read the thing he longed to know most of all.

“This book belongs to Annie” he whispered. “Annie....”
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE...PLEASE COMMENT!! I love this story very much and so..... please comment!!