Status: Writing........

That Girl Named Jennifer

Out To Sea

A few days later, Wednesday if I remember correctly I was working in Top Records with Justin.
It was about lunchtime so the nearby high school students were crowding up the store listening to music and buying it.
Justin and I had been working here for about two years, we'd gotten use to this rush within our first few weeks so I was on the tills while Justin made sure no one stole anything etc, on the floor.
I had turn around to find a CD for some teenage girl when Jennifer popped herself up on the counter, legs crossed.
“Hmmm I thought this is were you worked, it's all dark and dingy” she smiled with a finger on her lip.
“Jennifer? What are you doing here?” I say handing the girl her CD and her change as she too, stares at Jennifer in confusing.
“I thought we could hang out” she swings her legs.
“I'm not on break for another hour Jenny” I explain whilst serving another customer.
“Jenny hmmm sounds like someone with auburn hair, my hairs black Eric” she laughs.
“Besides I think I can make your friend over there like me enough to let you go” she waves at Justin before jumping off the counter to walk over to him.

I roll my eyes and continue serving the huge line of customers that has formed.
I watch Jennifer talk with the biggest smile ever and point to me, and Justin simply nods.
Jennifer runs over to me and begin pulling me by my shirt.
I try to pull away as Justin walks up to us.
“Justin I'm sorry she's just....”
“Relax dude, I like her. Look I'll take care of things here, just be back to lock up yeah?” he smiles.
Jennifer reaches a hand out to Justin.
“Nice to meet you Jennifer” he smiles before kissing it.
I don't have time to stand there too long in my confusion as Jennifer soon pulls me along and rushes me out of the store.
Justin just waves us goodbye and begins serving the huge line.

Eventually Jennifer takes my hand like a normal person and begins running in some random direction which I am forced to follow.
Soon enough, we stop when we have made it to a bench facing the beach watching over the water.
She sits down crossing her legs and stares out at sea with the biggest smile on her face.
“That was fun” she says as I sit down beside her.
“How? How the hell did you get Justin to cover for me?” I ask panting.
I am seriously unfit!
“He's a guy, you're a guy, I'm a hot girl coming in to where you work just to see you. Figure it out” she laughs.
I obviously look confused as she rolls her eyes and sighs “Men”.
“So....any reason you wanted to rush me out of work to here?” I say sitting more comfortably and staring out at sea too.
“It's a beautiful day out, you shouldn't miss it just because you're working today” she answers simply and truthfully.
“I had a really fun time the other night” she adds looking at me for a moment before turning her head back to the sea.

“Yeah I had a good time too. I'm glad you can't dance either” I laugh.
She smiles in silence and continues to stare out.
I exam her, what she is wearing to be more correct.
She wears a black gothic dress with frilly bits on the shoulder ends and the bottom of the dress, she wears it with socks up to her knees that match the dress.
“You do know it's almost Summer and it's LA right?” I ask.
She simply looks at me and nods.
“You are so strange.....”
She smiles and stands up.
“I'm so glad you noticed” she says before running towards the rockier part of the beach.
I quickly catch up with her as she sits on large rocky piece that hangs out above the water.

I watch as she takes off her shoes and lets her feet dangle out over the rock where she sits.
I practically throw my shoes off and do the same.
I sit next to her and again she still just stares out as I look for an expression in her face.
“I'm a lot more trouble than I am worth” she says more serious than she's probably ever been.
“Oh?” I reply.
“Yeah I mess things up for people, I get them fired or they lose friends over me. Everyone thinks I'm this big mystery to be solved and discovered. People usually give up searching to find me, as I said I'm a lot more trouble than I am worth. I'm this big giant mystery that no one can solve” she waves out her arms wide and puts them back on her lap.
“I won't give up searching, you're too fascinating. Weird, but fascinating none the less” I smile almost to myself looking out at the sea.
“I'm glad to hear that, Tasha told me where you worked. I guess that's one mystery solved” she speaks louder of the crashing waves.
“Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I was getting worried I had a pretty stalker on my hands, so why bring me here then?” I ask looking at her.
She finally looks at me straight in the eye.
“It's beautiful no? I think if people took the time to appreciate the beauty in their surroundings a little more, the world would be happier” she smiles before looking back out.

“Makes sense.....I just....I just feel like there is nothing but this you know? This moment, right now, it's like nothing else but us and this exist. It sounds weird and maybe quite creepy but it's nice” I smile.
She looks at me again with a grin.
“That's what real beauty does Eric, it overwhelms you till it is all you can see and feel. It makes all those little life worries seem....insignificant compared to it” she explains.
I laugh slightly at how much I am smiling just looking at her.
“What did that sound silly?” she asks a little shocked.
“No, no it makes a lot of sense. I just, I love hearing you speak so.....passionately about something. It's adorable” I smile looking back out at sea.
Now I'm the one ignoring her as she stares at me for a few moments before turning her head back to the sea.
I almost don't hear her putting on her shoes but when she is on the second foot I turn around.
“Wait where are you going?” I ask standing up.

She stands up just as she pops the second shoe on.
“Stay” she puts her hand on my chest.
I just stop at any attempt I had in mind before to stop her leaving.
She slowly turns around and takes about two steps before stopping.
I watch her put a finger to her lip as she tries to make her mind up about something.
She turns around to face me and about a second later she is right in front of me kissing me before I even realise it.
I wrap my arms around her small body and pull her a little closer to deepen the kiss.
Unfortunately for me, she pulls away not even a full minute later.
She holds both my hands for a moment before smiling “Enjoy the rest of your day off, see you soon Eric”.
She runs off away from me, leaving me standing there stunned and not for the first time might I add and probably not the last time either.

I sit back down on the rock and do as told, I enjoy the rest of the day I am NOT meant to have off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm surprised at how easy this chapter was to write, it just flowed naturally I guess. Tell me what you think so far please, I would really like to know if anyone is interested in this story.