Status: Active/Unfinished

My New Addiction

Maybe we were made for each other

Jess

I tied my long, black hair into a messy bun, went outside my house and I got the spare key hidden under the green “Welcome” mat and crashed the Gomez’ crib as if it was my own. I was lying down on the couch and flipping through channels when Stephen arrived in his signature V neck - skinny jeans - Vans combo.

“STEPHAN, CAN YOU GET ME SOME POPCORN?” I shouted as the refrigerator light came on.

Stephen was the one I was closest to in the band. We’ve been in the same band for at least 5 years. We’ve been stuck with each other since Last Call For Camden along with his brother, John. We remained friends with Kennedy, the lead singer, though he was in another band.

“NO HOMO.” Stephen replied as he sat next to me with a big bowl of Cheerios without milk. “Why the hell are you here? Don’t you have your own house?” He asked as he removed his sunglasses. He had this habit of running his hands through his hair every once in a while.

“But my house sucks and it’s lonely. Don’t even get me started with the Arizona weather. In short, I’m here to take advantage of the wonderful contraption you bought last year called the air conditioner.” It was a hot, Arizona afternoon and sweating was the last thing on my mind. Thank God John and Stephen bought an air conditioner for their house where I chill at every time the weather gets as dry as today. “We’re having practice here later today so I do have a reason to stay here. Why the hell do you keep eating those anyway? Those are the worst thing ever.”

“WHAT KIND OF A BEST FRIEND ARE YOU? You don’t even know my favorite cereal. I have never been more disappointed, Jessica.” He said disapprovingly. Stephen was, and still is my best friend. I know almost everything about him. I’d be God if I knew everything, though I was never a big fan of his Cheerio-eating habit.

“And at least my butt isn’t glued to my best friend’s couch, wasting electricity by watching Food Network 24/7, and putting the Earth to more harm.” He added.
“Since when did you give a fuck about the Earth?” I said with a straight face.
“Ever since Food Network existed and realized that there is no hope for my cooking skills which is why I stuck with fast food and cereal without milk. Now, give me the remote.” He said, smiling. I just wish he’d stop smiling like that. I might actually give in.

“NO.” I said.
“Oh, C’mon, Jess.” He threw me a look that said really, Jess, really? He reaches for the remote but I take it before he does.

“JESS GIVE ME THE REMOTE!” He said, laughing, reaching for the remote once more.
“No, hahaha.” Then I changed the channel to Disney.
“Oh my god Jessica. You have to hand me the remote or else Byron’s gonna arrive while smooching Chelsea. You know how attracted they are to Disney Channel.” He said.

We laugh and wrestle for a moment. Both of us fall off the couch. I was on top of him when we hit the ground, his hand on my back and his face inches away from mine. I couldn’t stop staring at those brown eyes. I swear to god I will give everything I own to the poor kids in Africa just so we can stay like this forever. That’s when the moment gets ruined as John enters the room and asks us what the hell we’re doing on the floor.
“Jessticles keeps watching Food Network and I’m pretty sure she’ll end up obese in no time.” Stephen said as we head towards the kitchen.
“I couldn’t agree more.” John said.
“At least I’m happy and not hating life like you and at least I don’t look like Joan Cusack.”
“OH NO YOU DIDN’T.” Stephen replied.
“OH YES I DID.” I replied as I hit Stephen on the rib.
“Dickheads, you’re messing up my sandwich.” John said as he finished stacking up the remains of the ingredients for his sandwich. Stephen then threw me a look that I knew so well. That’s when Stephen grabs John and I grab his sandwich as John struggled. I ran outside the Gomez’ house and went straight to mine which was actually just beside theirs.

I finished the sandwich in my room and flicked the lights off. Cue the flashback to when I first met the Gomez brothers:

Stephen and I were in the 7th grade and John was in the 6th. I was tapping to the beat of Blink 182’s All the Small Things to sort of calm myself.

“You know Blink?” an unfamiliar, lanky boy eagerly asked.
“Yeah, I do. I’ve seen them around three times already and it’s the BEST.”
“Oh my god, me too! I’m Stephen, by the way.” the lanky boy now held a name as he held out his hand.
“I’m Jess.” I smiled, shaking his hand and agreeing to have lunch together that day.

Stephen introduced me to his younger brother, John. I was kind of amused with how they called themselves: The Gomez Brothers. It reminded me of my prepubescent fangirl-ing to The Jonas Brothers and that sort of obsession lead to how we met Brian.


It was a normal afternoon and Stephen and I were hanging at Starbucks, Mocha Frappes on the table and in the midst of our conversation about how we loved the Jonas Brothers when we were young and naive, Brian interrupts and says something about J.O.N.A.S and his then girlfriend being in the series. Then eventually, we asked him to sing for our band after LCFC's break up and John brought Jobe into the band.

Everything after that just fell into place. Just like how I fell for Stephen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck so bad.
It's summer and I'm bored so yeah cool.
Let me know if you like it.