Status: Active/Unfinished

My New Addiction

I'm still dancing alone with the way it was

Jess

As soon as everyone raced home after an alcohol-filled night, I heard knocks on the door. I was sort of expecting the pizza guy to be back asking for a tip but I was rather surprised when I saw Stephen on my porch as I opened the door.

"I came to check if you were okay."
"Why wouldn't I be?" I curiously asked. The party left me drunk and under the influence but I could get by. The night was rather tame than those parties we usually have.
"I don't know.” He said as he continued that habit of messing up his hair. “I just thought you want company. I don't want my Jessica to be lonely."

His words caused me to blush a darker shade of red. I was HIS Jessica? I could be anyone’s Jessica but Stephen’s Jessica? Now isn’t that something.

"So, can I come in?" He asked. Both of us leaned on the door frame across each other. Our eyes made contact and my guts drop in an instant.
"The house is a mess. The option is recommended."
"C’mon, I'll help you clean up." he said, grabbing my hand, leading me towards the backyard. His touch made me shiver and I didn’t even know why.
"I'm guessing you got bored with the internet and decided to bother my quiet time instead."
"Touché." he replied with a smirk.

Both of us used the word touché in a daily basis every time we're home. It became sort of a bad habit for us. We try to avoid the word at all costs but we just can't resist saying it.

He grabbed a black trash bag from underneath the sink. Stephen knew the house as well as I do since we practically lived in each other’s houses ever since our parents left us alone three years ago. The both of us were 18 and barely legal though John wasn't anywhere legal at all.

We filled up two entire trash bags with empty beer bottles, red cups and pizza boxes. There were at least 15 people in my house hours ago. It was the band, plus the crew, plus a few other friends, namely Justin, Logan and Tyler. Courtney left with her luggage to her apartment. This wasn’t much of a surprise but Jobe volunteering to take her home without a fight was.

After a few hours of shedding blood and taking all the trash outside, the house was entirely spotless and we decided to sit on my lawn to rest. Stephen rubbed his hands against the black cardigan he was wearing to clean his hands. I stared at Stephen's messy hair while he stared at the dark Arizona sky.

“Stop staring.” Stephen said as he felt the slight breeze.
"Why do you keep wearing that cardigan? Isn't that for girls?"
"I call it the "cardiman."" he threw a look similar to a face you see on the Home Shopping Network, his feet flat on the ground and his arms wrapped around his knees.
"You are such a girl." I said, face-palming and shaking my head.
"I am not a girl!" he shouted defensively.
"Shut up, Stephen. You're gonna wake up the neighbors." I said, hitting his arm as if it was a snare in my drum set. “And you’re probably just drunk…”
"You did not just hit me."
"Oh yes I did." I replied.

Next thing I know, his hands were on my waist, right on the spot where it tickled the most.
"Ha. Ha." he chuckled. "I know your weakness!”
"Stop it, Stephen!" I said, laughing, trying to pry his hands off of me.

We rolled on the ground, laughing as if there were no people inside the homes around us.
We laughed even harder when the sprinklers went off. I stood up, attempted to run away from Stephen but he still managed to catch me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, he then slips, causing the both of us to hit the ground sooner than I imagined. Stephen could still put on a good wrestling fight between us despite his extreme lankiness.

I was on top of him just like we were when we fell off the couch a few days ago. His face was inches from mine once again but this time was different. The last time was completely off guard. This time, a smile was painted on both of our faces and this time seemed like we were both waiting for this to happen.

"You know you're really not as heavy as I make you think." He said as he rolled on top of me.
"Stephen, if it weren't so obvious, we're soaked in plant water." We felt like kids with what we were doing. I couldn’t stop smiling or giggling and neither did Stephen.
"You need to change." he said, putting a lock of hair behind me ear. He had the most charming smile that made my heart melt.
"And you don't?" I pulled him up as soon as I got off of him. He held me by the waist and I ran my fingers in his black hair, staring directly at his brown eyes. He pulled me closer but our faces were miles away from a kiss. He pressed his forehead against mine instead and his eyes were closed yet a sweet smile remained on his face. We stood in my lawn for what felt like hours until he pushed me towards the door causing me to nearly slip on the grass again. Praise Allah I reached the front door safely.

"Good night, Jess." he said, his hands in his pockets.
"Good night, Stephen." I replied, smiling at him as I opened the door and just as when I was about to enter...

“Oh, Jess. I forgot.” He yelled. He ran towards me then planted a kiss on my forehead. “For the record, I’m not drunk at all.”

I don’t know what got to the both of us but I'm definitely okay with it ever this happens more often.